rFactor 2 update (build 68+69) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about 100+ pages of info at the official ISI forum. I do not have the time to look up the exact posts for you, but ISI themselve confirmed that this BETA is not included with all the functions.

F.i., some of the parts of cars disapear now as the car moves away from the camera. Some parts are not fully attached as well.

This BETA version is to find issues, and to allow modders to start working with it, and the new features in it (animated marshals, road textures, stuff like that).

Then there is also the isses present now with HDR. That is not implemented in the right way, which almost obligates you to turn it off, and so you have less graphical output then maximal possible. There are more examples of these kind of not inmplemented, or half implemented features.

I'm curious about what information you have to substantiate this statement??

Thanks....

Link to thread-> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5174-Next-Update?p=62548&viewfull=1#post62548

Tim Wheatley;62548 said:
The graphics engine is still being worked on, and has been for years. I'm not getting your point there (why mentioned?)... But it isn't yet finished, so if we keep copying and pasting "We're working on the graphics engine today" every day (which someone is doing) that would make everything OK for you?

Tim Wheatley;62555 said:
This is a beta, it's going to slowly ramp up, features are going to added. Like I said above, it's very possibly that in 3-4 years time we could get a license and build some content that blows you away. It's not a short-term thing. Of course the major things will usually come first, but really it is only loosely planned. We wanted to do the infrastructure and physics first, we're not done with them, but now the focus is shifting a bit to how it looks and performs. At this point, it really isn't a concern most of the comments for that reason, and that's why replying to them isn't worthwhile either. People want those things now, and in the real world that's not possible.

I've dealt with this same need to change perception when I've worked with another dev. This isn't quite the same, but it is the same need to accept this not being boxed and done.

I just hope that new update will fix tire temperature model. I don't know if its rfactor2 problem or its mods. Tire heats easily but losing his tempereture even easier. On Renaul Megane Trophy usually working temperature are 40-50 C. well LF 65 RF 45 RL RR 35-45. I Think its a bug but would like to know if u got other observations made. Maybe i got something wrong with setups. Oh and tire pressure works great, its growing during the race (wormer tire, wormer gas in tire, if wormer then gas gives more pressure)

I just hope that new update will fix tire temperature model. I don't know if its rfactor2 problem or its mods. Tire heats easily but losing his tempereture even easier. On Renaul Megane Trophy usually working temperature are 40-50 C. well LF 65 RF 45 RL RR 35-45. I Think its a bug but would like to know if u got other observations made. Maybe i got something wrong with setups. Oh and tire pressure works great, its growing during the race (wormer tire, wormer gas in tire, if wormer then gas gives more pressure)
The thing with the tire temps is a known thing. Not so much a bug; it's just that the most stuff that would heat up tires are not implented yet. I hope it is one of the next things that get implemented, as I think that it's the main part why most cars have wet-track like grip for me atm :)

The update of the ATI driver did some for me as well. Not much, but a bit definately.

In terms of the temp, I think Dino is spot on there. The whole tire thing is something that has to be fully implement. Lets hope they do so soon indeed :)

Does it also not run well with the graphic options turned down a bit? That worked for me in the beginning. I have upgraded my GPU and memory a bit now, and have no issues at all anymore, but before I could play it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%