rFactor 2 update (build 68+69) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need to rename the file names of the offending plugins, I just change the .dll to .dl# that way if needed you can easily re-enable the plugins. Note that ISI plugins are OK so you don't have to remove the TrackIR or netcomm plugins.

All servers are up again, all with the new build.

So, what you need to do is first update to build 68. This is done via the Auto Update function in the Launcher. Go to the UPDATE tab, and click Check for Updates.

Install the build 68, and open the launcher again.
Go to the UPDATE tab again, and again click check for updates. It will no update to build 69. This is the one you need.

Servers up now:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TEST
Megane @ Mid Ohio Test server, PASS = Regular club pass.

RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT
GT World Endurance cup @ Palm Beach, Pass = regular club pass.

RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDWSR
Meganes @ Watkins, Snetterton, Searspoint and Portugal, pass is in password section of the forum.

Have fun, and in case of problems, let me know. Will keep the laptop logged in to RD.

"
Build 69 will be coming very soon to fix the 'plugin crashing' and 'rfmod' issues present in build 68. Will post as soon as it completes internal testing..."
How soon is very soon? I am unable to install build 68 at all. it's simply not recognized and I get a "No remote updates found. Simulation is up to date." when I try to install it. It still results as being built 60.

Thanks Marco. This is really weird. Just like with update 68 I downloaded the EXE file and I moved inside
C:\games\rFactor2\Updates

C:\games\rFactor2 is where my game is and as far as I can tell, I don't have another data folder anywhere in either "my Documents" or inside "App Data".

I then go to launch the rF2 launcher, I click on the "Check for Updates" button and what I get is this:
"No remote updates found. Simulation is up to date"

I was getting the exact same thing last night with update 68.
Incidentally, when I first moved update 68 there I also found the previous update file still there from my last update. That told me that at that time it worked fine.

What am I missing?

EDIT: I wanted to add that I also tried looking for a .ini file that would specify where the update dir would be located, in case it was pointed elsewhere on in the wrong place. I couldn't find anything. I also looked in the .PLR file etc. to no avail.

One otehr thing I looked at was the online login. I am able to login onto the servers but if I go to "Manage Account" in the purchase tab I am unable to login to my account. I don;t know if that has any bearing to it but I am grasping at straws ATM.

Just tested build 69 at Palm Beach with the 370Z with both Motec and realheadmotion plugins re-enabled and all seems OK, this was off-line not on the RD server.
Not sure if the Motec plugin is working though as I get no indication when I click 'race' other than the plug icon that came with realheadmotion.

When I d-clicked on the 68 update yesterday, as expected it told me that the update only worked from inside rFactor. So I assumed that update 69 also worked the same way. However, I d-clicked on it just for the hell of it and it actually gave me an installation screen. That means I can probably update the old fashioned way. I am just waiting for you guys to confirm that and then I'll proceed.

Good news, I run the update 69 as an installer and it is working really well. I can't really see the improvements yet, but at least it seems that frame rates and such are at least no worse.

Thanks for the help.

Download the file. In this case, it's a .rfmod file.
Place it in the PACKAGES folder of you data part of the install, mostly in:
c:\documents and settings\YOUR NAME\rFactor2\packages
Start the rFactor launcher
Select Manage Mods on the right bottom
UNtick the box Show mods Only at the options on top
Right click on the track name, and select install.

More detailed information here -> Click for link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years