rFactor 2: Update 107 Now Available!

A few hours ago ISI released yet another beta update for their upcoming racing simulation game, rFactor 2, a few hours ago. It won't be a revolution but it's all about a beta improving steadily! Here's the changelog for everyone to see.
GRAPHICS:
---------------------------
Added some HDR debug

GAMEPLAY:
----------------------------
made spin correction not work while on pitspot.

PHYSICS:
turbo code
working turbo code minus intercooler (but we're ignoring the decreased charge density until that's in)
for turbos, made configurable the location of boost pressure measurement for wastegate purposes
fixed intake manifold pressure calc for turbos

AI:
fixed AI miscalculating fuel needs for fuel multiplier values greater than 1

UI / HUD:
made multiplayer list "event name" field now "venue name, event name"
virtual mirrors (and toggling them) now work the same for cockpit and TV cockpit
added 2 pairs of x,y offsets to mouseless scroll boxes that can define the position of the specific image within the scrollbox item. (the image used to always be placed at 0,0 and extend to the full extent of the scrollbox item)
increased multiplayer game list buffer & standardized internal buffers for safer future upgrade

BUG FIXES:
fixed keyboard handling in UI editor (we weren't handling Windows messages in a special tight loop)
made gamedatabase switches more robust.
fixed net lag issue (which was caused by extra data being sent without regard to appropriate bandwidth limit)
fixed skinning bug with non-retail showrooms
removed redundant gdb value "GrandPrixName"...since it was always identical to "EventName".
fixed track selection gizmos from stocking multiple copies of the same event.
fixed a bug where main page veh, rfm, or track icon would not show up because it was the wrong format.

MULTIPLAYER:
Added sort field for sorting by location to NetCommUtil
made the text color of the racegrid participants customizable instead of hard-coded.

[gallery columns="2"]

The update can be acquired through different means. At the moment you can either download the full installer through torrent or get the update, if you're running version 101 already, through a normal download or torrent! The official download thread will be updated as soon as the main installer will be available through normal download as well, so keep yourself posted in case you're looking for just that!

For more information about rFactor 2, the latest mods, daily online races and more visit our rFactor 2 forums!

[images: tjc]
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot understand how some of you are saying that "physics feel sluggish and unresponsive".

Mate, I am telling you, something must have been wrong in your FFB settings, for sure. I got GSC2012, and I agree that FFB and feeling is great with GSC2012. But the FFB in rFactor 2 is as good!

In fact, there was this guy, he is a real racing driver and tried the clio's in rF2 and said that these cars feel so real, very close to his real life racing settings.

I agree that rF2 development is going slow, but with the current content (and with the amazing tracks from VLM, sebring, mid-ohio and croft from Simracing.pl) it's been fun.

For me, rF2 FFB is as good as nKpro and IMHO these two are on top for FFB.

Cheers

I am talking about the actual car handling, not the FFB. The FFB is admittedly the best I have ever felt, but the way the car actually responds to the inputs you give on the wheel seems slow and unresponsive.

And the tyre temp reader seems way off. One mod it stays between 30 and 120, the next mod goes from 20 to 400 in one corner. And these are mods by ISI I might add.

I am talking about the actual car handling, not the FFB. The FFB is admittedly the best I have ever felt, but the way the car actually responds to the inputs you give on the wheel seems slow and unresponsive.

And the tyre temp reader seems way off. One mod it stays between 30 and 120, the next mod goes from 20 to 400 in one corner. And these are mods by ISI I might add.

Oh I see. Guess then maybe we all have different experiences, like I said, this guy who really races the Clio's in real life said they are very accurate. I feel the same too (not that I race in real life! so I could be wrong).

Regarding the tire temp reader....yeah, you're right there. I agree that the beta version is still way off and many things have to be fixed/added etc....but what I meant is that at this stage I am aready having fun racing in rF2, especially the Clios.

Cheers

Oh I see. Guess then maybe we all have different experiences, like I said, this guy who really races the Clio's in real life said they are very accurate. I feel the same too (not that I race in real life! so I could be wrong).

Regarding the tire temp reader....yeah, you're right there. I agree that the beta version is still way off and many things have to be fixed/added etc....but what I meant is that at this stage I am aready having fun racing in rF2, especially the Clios.

Cheers

Good to hear you're enjoying it :D As stated, I will really buy it again once it comes good.

I am more of an open wheel racer so I did not really test the Clio's, so you are probably correct there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back