rFactor 2: Update 107 Now Available!

A few hours ago ISI released yet another beta update for their upcoming racing simulation game, rFactor 2, a few hours ago. It won't be a revolution but it's all about a beta improving steadily! Here's the changelog for everyone to see.
GRAPHICS:
---------------------------
Added some HDR debug

GAMEPLAY:
----------------------------
made spin correction not work while on pitspot.

PHYSICS:
turbo code
working turbo code minus intercooler (but we're ignoring the decreased charge density until that's in)
for turbos, made configurable the location of boost pressure measurement for wastegate purposes
fixed intake manifold pressure calc for turbos

AI:
fixed AI miscalculating fuel needs for fuel multiplier values greater than 1

UI / HUD:
made multiplayer list "event name" field now "venue name, event name"
virtual mirrors (and toggling them) now work the same for cockpit and TV cockpit
added 2 pairs of x,y offsets to mouseless scroll boxes that can define the position of the specific image within the scrollbox item. (the image used to always be placed at 0,0 and extend to the full extent of the scrollbox item)
increased multiplayer game list buffer & standardized internal buffers for safer future upgrade

BUG FIXES:
fixed keyboard handling in UI editor (we weren't handling Windows messages in a special tight loop)
made gamedatabase switches more robust.
fixed net lag issue (which was caused by extra data being sent without regard to appropriate bandwidth limit)
fixed skinning bug with non-retail showrooms
removed redundant gdb value "GrandPrixName"...since it was always identical to "EventName".
fixed track selection gizmos from stocking multiple copies of the same event.
fixed a bug where main page veh, rfm, or track icon would not show up because it was the wrong format.

MULTIPLAYER:
Added sort field for sorting by location to NetCommUtil
made the text color of the racegrid participants customizable instead of hard-coded.

[gallery columns="2"]

The update can be acquired through different means. At the moment you can either download the full installer through torrent or get the update, if you're running version 101 already, through a normal download or torrent! The official download thread will be updated as soon as the main installer will be available through normal download as well, so keep yourself posted in case you're looking for just that!

For more information about rFactor 2, the latest mods, daily online races and more visit our rFactor 2 forums!

[images: tjc]
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no complet fix for the wheel insane rattling when going of track? :(

This topic is beeing discussed atm over at ISI

I can quote some of the official answers that I saw:

Tim Wheatley said:
I know people like to compare sims, but this isn't those other sims. No other sim is running the FFB we are. Gears in a FFB wheel create rattling. By the time the G27 was released, it's technology (gears, rather then belts) was behind the times. The clunking is a change of direction on the cogs of the gears inside the wheel. If you want to feel those changes of direction, rF2 currently does it how it does it. Your options AT THE MOMENT are to buy another wheel, try to tweak settings on your G25 or G27, to reduce FFB settings, or to disable FFB entirely.

It is a known issue, but I am not sure it's a very high priority for the devs to create inferior FFB just to satisfy that technology.

Tim Wheatley said:
I think, just for the sake of covering those users, something will be done eventually. But I can't see much features that has been talked about being lower on the list at this point, there's also a lot less passion to create what will be rF2's 'dumber' and simpler FFB.

Imo its a "issue" that needs to be adressed. I understand we/they want the best FFB. But not to the cost of breaking your wheel and not being able to play at night (for me). I dont live in the middle of nowhere with nobody but myself in the house. :)

I do not understand what is so difficult in simply deactivating off-track (grass, sand) FFB, or giving it a slidy feeling intead of the rattling. As if the current extreme shaking gave any useful feedback at all...

I call this spokesperson BS (I still remember CM in f12010 saying they could not simulate the rest of the cars because that would need physics for cars moving at +1000 kph, suuure). It can be done, several ways, they just don´t feel like to.

Still no complet fix for the wheel insane rattling when going of track? :(

This topic is beeing discussed atm over at ISI

I can quote some of the official answers that I saw:

Tim Wheatley said:
I know people like to compare sims, but this isn't those other sims. No other sim is running the FFB we are. Gears in a FFB wheel create rattling. By the time the G27 was released, it's technology (gears, rather then belts) was behind the times. The clunking is a change of direction on the cogs of the gears inside the wheel. If you want to feel those changes of direction, rF2 currently does it how it does it. Your options AT THE MOMENT are to buy another wheel, try to tweak settings on your G25 or G27, to reduce FFB settings, or to disable FFB entirely.

It is a known issue, but I am not sure it's a very high priority for the devs to create inferior FFB just to satisfy that technology.

Tim Wheatley said:
I think, just for the sake of covering those users, something will be done eventually. But I can't see much features that has been talked about being lower on the list at this point, there's also a lot less passion to create what will be rF2's 'dumber' and simpler FFB.
Interesting comments from Tim Wheatley regarding the rattling of the G25.

I understand his perspective about not being a priority to fix the issue but this only means i will not buy rFactor 2 as long as I have a G25. Simple as that.

Thankfully there are still other options for sim racing (including rfactor 1).

With all respect to rFactor, I have to say I was screwd buying this game. I paid 40 euro 9 months a go.....and nothing happend with modes and tracks......very disappointed.

Dude, I've been having heaps of fun with rFactor 2, physics is awesome. For me, it was totally worth it.

Have you been taking part in the Clio fun events? These cars are really nice to drive and the competition is fierce! There are always 2 servers up and running with ppl on it.

Or maybe F3 classic events? The physics with these cars are even better than the Clios!

If you feel screwed, than I have to say you didn't race much.

PS: yes, I agree, its beta, and there are many problems but the fun factor is already there.

cheers

Dude, I've been having heaps of fun with rFactor 2, physics is awesome. For me, it was totally worth it.

Have you been taking part in the Clio fun events? These cars are really nice to drive and the competition is fierce! There are always 2 servers up and running with ppl on it.

Or maybe F3 classic events? The physics with these cars are even better than the Clios!

If you feel screwed, than I have to say you didn't race much.

PS: yes, I agree, its beta, and there are many problems but the fun factor is already there.

cheers

It's not going anywhere, and the physics feel sluggish and unresponsive to me.

GSC and rF1's physics are more believable. I know I slagged off GSC in the beginning, but GSC2012 feels unbelievable to me.

I just get the feeling that rF2 will forever be incomplete, at least at the current rate.

I really want to believe it will come good, as rF1 was brilliant and my favorite game of all-time, but after seeing the slow rate of development first-hand(e.g. build 107), I got a refund.

Make no mistake, I will get it once it goes gold and the reviews indicate a step up from rF1, but at the moment the beta is not what I am looking for.

It's not going anywhere, and the physics feel sluggish and unresponsive to me.

GSC and rF1's physics are more believable. I know I slagged off GSC in the beginning, but GSC2012 feels unbelievable to me.

I just get the feeling that rF2 will forever be incomplete, at least at the current rate.

I really want to believe it will come good, as rF1 was brilliant and my favorite game of all-time, but after seeing the slow rate of development first-hand(e.g. build 107), I got a refund.

Make no mistake, I will get it once it goes gold and the reviews indicate a step up from rF1, but at the moment the beta is not what I am looking for.

I cannot understand how some of you are saying that "physics feel sluggish and unresponsive".

Mate, I am telling you, something must have been wrong in your FFB settings, for sure. I got GSC2012, and I agree that FFB and feeling is great with GSC2012. But the FFB in rFactor 2 is as good!

In fact, there was this guy, he is a real racing driver and tried the clio's in rF2 and said that these cars feel so real, very close to his real life racing settings.

I agree that rF2 development is going slow, but with the current content (and with the amazing tracks from VLM, sebring, mid-ohio and croft from Simracing.pl) it's been fun.

For me, rF2 FFB is as good as nKpro and IMHO these two are on top for FFB.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years