1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured rFactor 2 Track Team previews another new oval addition

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

rFactor 2 Mystery Oval 2.jpg
    The rFactor 2 Track Team, responsible for the creation of new circuit content in ISI's racing simulator rFactor 2, have previewed two new images of yet another 3PA oval due to join the sim.

Now I'm no oval expert, so trying to guess which track this new content is supposed to represent is a little beyond my knowledge base I'm afraid. The only disenable clue from the two new screenshots is the 'Soapstone' advertising seen in red on the outside retaining wall.

The guys and girls at rFactor have been rather busy bringing us new oval content to enjoy recently, as can be seen with the recent images released from the Bristol Motor Speedway 3PA track previewed on this site a few days ago. Great news for oval and NASCAR fans, the "Soapstone" mystery oval should be another fine addition to the ever expanding American themed oval content heading to rFactor 2 recently.

rFactor 2 Mystery Oval.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 forum here at RaceDepartment for more rFactor 2 news and discussions, the latest mods and downloads and of course our excellent rFactor 2 racing club!

Do you know what the oval in these pictures is? Fancy an (educated) guess? Let us know in the comments section below!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. AbeWoz

Premium Member

judging buy the pavement, grass curbing, and the Appalachian nature of soapstone, I believe this is to be a representation of Martinsville Speedway in Virginia. rFactor2 looks to be catering to the short-track crowd first.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    The self-proclaimed "BADASS" driver of RD. Staff

Definitely Martinsville.

Now give me a Dover replica and rFactor 2 will have something for me to cherish for :p
  4. I think there is all ready a Dover available in the Steam Workshop. I'm really looking forward to more of a Milwaukee Mile or New Hampshire Speedway, they are essentially the same. I would prefer Milwaukee as that is my second home track :)

The new previews look great!
  5. God damn it .... oval, again ... it's killing me !
    I'm the last European Driver on rF2 or what ?
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Milwaukee Mile would be cool (15 minutes away), unique track that always made for close racing.
  7. I was just waiting for the first one to pop in and complain about Ovals :D

They recently showed a pic of what looks like the S/F line of the karing track of Palm Beach. So I guess that Road Course will get an update pretty soon aswell and some additional features like the karting track.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NulTweeZes

Premium Member

Oh shut up. We just got an amazing Suzuka.
    • Wow Wow x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Those are ports from very dated tracks
  10. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Heh, I posted this in the last thread
    I got my wish! :)
  11. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Keep em coming ISI. Thank you so much for thinking of us USA folks who have invested in your sim and not just Europeans.
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Would you do me favor and link the picture in this thread? :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Awesome News!!!
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ISI is giving me some NR2003 memories with these tracks. Now just give me some pit crew animations
  15. Wonder if we'll ever get a proper Spa. It's only ovals recently.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Apex still has that 2007 data which had been initially laid down, and yoss is part of the testing team so who knows. And as always, hope for pre-2004 Bus Stop.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Got no problems with a complete Sprint Cup track pack for rF2. (European V8thunder racer)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1