rFactor 2 Track Team previews another new oval addition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Mystery Oval 2.jpg

The rFactor 2 Track Team, responsible for the creation of new circuit content in ISI's racing simulator rFactor 2, have previewed two new images of yet another 3PA oval due to join the sim.

Now I'm no oval expert, so trying to guess which track this new content is supposed to represent is a little beyond my knowledge base I'm afraid. The only disenable clue from the two new screenshots is the 'Soapstone' advertising seen in red on the outside retaining wall.

The guys and girls at rFactor have been rather busy bringing us new oval content to enjoy recently, as can be seen with the recent images released from the Bristol Motor Speedway 3PA track previewed on this site a few days ago. Great news for oval and NASCAR fans, the "Soapstone" mystery oval should be another fine addition to the ever expanding American themed oval content heading to rFactor 2 recently.

rFactor 2 Mystery Oval.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 forum here at RaceDepartment for more rFactor 2 news and discussions, the latest mods and downloads and of course our excellent rFactor 2 racing club!

Do you know what the oval in these pictures is? Fancy an (educated) guess? Let us know in the comments section below!

judging buy the pavement, grass curbing, and the Appalachian nature of soapstone, I believe this is to be a representation of Martinsville Speedway in Virginia. rFactor2 looks to be catering to the short-track crowd first.
Martinsville_Speedway_in_2011.jpg

I think there is all ready a Dover available in the Steam Workshop. I'm really looking forward to more of a Milwaukee Mile or New Hampshire Speedway, they are essentially the same. I would prefer Milwaukee as that is my second home track :)

The new previews look great!

I was just waiting for the first one to pop in and complain about Ovals :D

They recently showed a pic of what looks like the S/F line of the karing track of Palm Beach. So I guess that Road Course will get an update pretty soon aswell and some additional features like the karting track.

• Deleted member 130869

I think there is all ready a Dover available in the Steam Workshop. I'm really looking forward to more of a Milwaukee Mile or New Hampshire Speedway, they are essentially the same. I would prefer Milwaukee as that is my second home track :)

The new previews look great!

Those are ports from very dated tracks

• Deleted member 130869

Wonder if we'll ever get a proper Spa. It's only ovals recently.

Apex still has that 2007 data which had been initially laid down, and yoss is part of the testing team so who knows. And as always, hope for pre-2004 Bus Stop.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%