Rfactor 2 Thrustmaster Left Pedal Problem

Hi

I really need some help with an unusual problem.

I had to get new Thrustmaster pedals as the ones I had the left pedal snapped. Since I got the new pedal set the left pedal is not working in Rfactor 2. I have tried using the left pedal for the brake and throttle but it just isn't working yet in the other sims I have (Raceroom, Asetto Corsa, Iracing, Automobilista, GTR2) the left pedal works fine. I've reloaded the game and wheel but still no luck.

I am absolutely stumped on this and any help would be appreciated.

PaulFromPerth

Hi Paulr

I would try.
Delete or move any profiles you created.
Restart rF2 and go through the basic calibration procedure.

If that does not yield result try moving your userdata folder out of rF2 and let it create a new one and try basic calibration again.

If you have resaved any default controller profiles you need to delete them all and let Steam verify rF2 install and it will download profiles.

Never change a default profile.
Open the profile you want to use.
Re-save it under a different name.
Load the new profile you just made.
Edit it and resave.
You should make these profiles for all racing formats ( modern / historic etc.)
Then you can limit FFB, controls and buttons to suit them specifically.
When you change series or cars load the new profile.

Last edited:
Hi Paulr

I would try.
Delete or move any profiles you created.
Restart rF2 and go through the basic calibration procedure.

If that does not yield result try moving your userdata folder out of rF2 and let it create a new one and try basic calibration again.

If you have resaved any default controller profiles you need to delete them all and let Steam verify rF2 install and it will download profiles.

Never change a default profile.
Open the profile you want to use.
Re-save it under a different name.
Load the new profile you just made.
Edit it and resave.
You should make these profiles for all racing formats ( modern / historic etc.)
Then you can limit FFB, controls and buttons to suit them specifically.
When you change series or cars load the new profile.
Thanks mate

Will try that in the next couple of weeks.

Hi

I really need some help with an unusual problem.

I had to get new Thrustmaster pedals as the ones I had the left pedal snapped. Since I got the new pedal set the left pedal is not working in Rfactor 2. I have tried using the left pedal for the brake and throttle but it just isn't working yet in the other sims I have (Raceroom, Asetto Corsa, Iracing, Automobilista, GTR2) the left pedal works fine. I've reloaded the game and wheel but still no luck.

I am absolutely stumped on this and any help would be appreciated.

PaulFromPerth
I would check if the left pedal is somehow mapped to something else, so you can't map it as the brake.
I would think that you'd see an error in that case, but maybe do a double check, reload any other preset profile or whatever to get a fresh mapping.
If that doesn't help, rF2 has probably a bug with a cached input.
Try to use a different usb port. And probably not just the port next to it but try a different internal controller.
You can't see what's what, but if you got usb 2.0 and usb 3.0, then use the other one.
This should clear up any "stuck" connections.

I'm no expert with these things but that's what I would be trying :)

I would check if the left pedal is somehow mapped to something else, so you can't map it as the brake.
I would think that you'd see an error in that case, but maybe do a double check, reload any other preset profile or whatever to get a fresh mapping.
If that doesn't help, rF2 has probably a bug with a cached input.
Try to use a different usb port. And probably not just the port next to it but try a different internal controller.
You can't see what's what, but if you got usb 2.0 and usb 3.0, then use the other one.
This should clear up any "stuck" connections.

I'm no expert with these things but that's what I would be trying :)
Many thanks...I will give at a try. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea