rFactor 2 "The Road Ahead" DX11 Update.. err Update..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 DX11 Update .jpg

Studio 397 have revealed more about the development plans for the new rFactor 2 DX11 update build released earlier this week.

In something of an impressively fast response, Studio 397 have already released several small update hotfixes to the new DX11 build of rFactor 2 - reportedly offering improvements in framerates for all users and especially those running AMD graphics cards.

Studio 397 have promised to continue pushing out quick hotfix updates to the game, accessible as part of the Steam Beta branch found within the Steam Library as the studio look to rectify some of the reported issues being suffered by a large proportion of players who have downloaded the most recent build of the software.

You can read the update in full below where you will also find the link for the Studio 397 thread detailing the change logs from all the released hotfix patches.

Regular Updates
Our strategy in the upcoming weeks will be to release small updates often. Whenever we fix an issue, we’ll quickly test it internally and push a new build, so you can confirm that it is indeed fixed. This way we might end up pushing one or more builds every day. On our forum we will keep a changelog as we publish those builds. To make it easier to report issues, we have added a “Contact Support” button to the Launcher (top right of the main window) and, for performance related issues, we added a feature that allows you to collect performance data in a file that you can send along with your report.

To enable the capture of performance data, please first press Ctrl+F to display the framerate information (which we’ve extended a bit). Then, as instructed on screen, press your Left-Shift+SPACE to start capturing data. After a little while, the capture will end and you get a file in your UserData\Log folder called PerfLog_DATETIME.txt which you can send to us along with your report. Then you can turn off the display by pressing Ctrl+F again.

Content Updates
In the mean time our content team is working hard on making more of the stock content available to you. Our plan here is to stick to roughly a weekly schedule for delivering updates. Those will be a bit bigger in size, and we will deliver them to both the stable DX9 build and the open beta simultaneously. Content updates will obviously also contain information about exactly what content gets updated.

Beta Labels
If you’re currently running the open beta release, you are on “v1108-dx11-open-beta” and this is the label we will be regularly updating as we address more and more issues. If for some reason this build is not working for you at all, after reporting it, you can optionally switch to the “v1108-dx11-open-beta-last-stable” build, which will point to an older build. If that does not work, you can obviously choose to temporarily “opt-out” of the beta releases altogether and go back to the stable release until we release another update.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on our forum or on Discord.

rFactor 2 can be purchased from the Steam platform right now and is available exclusively for PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Have the latest rF2 hotfix updates improved your experience, either in DX11 or using VR devices? Let us know your opinion in the comments section below!

My rFactor 2 just start to update 2.1 GB :) I didn't want to try yet the new DX11, but looks like I don't have another choice :). So, let's play it. Hope my AMD card will deal with it.
Latter edit: It is not DX11. Perfect :thumbsup:

Last edited:
BTW anyone using this with a Rift, any suggestions on how to get the best experience please? For me it was exceptionally choppy both in menus and the track, with low FPS and kinda felt like I was driving a racing kart on a million speed bumps.. properly shaky!

Any help appreciated :)

BTW anyone using this with a Rift, any suggestions on how to get the best experience please? For me it was exceptionally choppy both in menus and the track, with low FPS and kinda felt like I was driving a racing kart on a million speed bumps.. properly shaky!

The guy at my local sim center says a lot of the FPS woes people are suffering from is because many didn't follow instructions from ISI in regards to deleting certain files within the rF2 root folder.

It's 2017 and we really shouldn't be having to muck about with files, deleting folders or shaders to get a game up and running and looking modern, but I guess that's how they roll.

I may be able to help with the bumpy track effect I had the same issue with the Rift (though the FPS was fine for me). Try turning the Head Vibration Off (in Options, Controls). That made the image stable for me. I know AC (after trying both) and I think also pCARS have similar head motion turned off by default due to the motion sickness issues.

Reactions: mms
Just start at the bottom and work up, everything on low settings and keep adding details until you get negative effects on fps. Try switching of the head motion setting, ie head vibration in control settings.
For first venture into vr I didn't think they did a bad job.
Things will improve I'm sure. ;-)

will have to give this a try now they've released some updates....take it the best thing to do would be to uninstall the dx9 game then reinstall it choosing the dx11 beta ?,that way I wouldn't have to mess about deleting files

Pretty much. But don't forget to subscribe the new contents. They are started moving the contents from ISI account into Studio 397 account.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/studio-397/myworkshopfiles/?appid=365960

When you switch back (if you switch back) the game will auto subscribe back to the dx9 content.

As above start from the bottom and work up, also delete the player.JSON and start with a fresh one, delete the CBASH & SHADERS folders in your usderdata folder so everythings fresh.

Bearing in mind to play with newly released DX11 content as that's best for the Beta phase, mods/tracks which are not updated yet may yeild strange results!

I also recommend chosing "Clear weather" before entering a race. With clouds ticked on everything was more or less a slideshow (VR User), can't tell why.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%