rfactor 2 telemetry and identifying cornering reference points

Hi all,
I remember when I first got rfactor, there was very complicated but useful programme for finding telemetry.
It was called motec ip pro and gave graphs etc.

Is there any such thing for rfactor 2?
I'd like to try and improve my driving. I've improved a lot but still lack a couple of seconds usually.
I think i have some good understanding of racing line but I need to make changes.
It seems some guys are aliens to start with and many many guys find their way to something close to them.
I've kind of plateaued however. perhaps telemetry could help

also, i wonder how other guys identify the best braking, turn in, apex and exit points. i know drivers try different lines but the best guys must have a mental understanding of it. i think i brake quite late but i think sometimes i stay out too wide for too long.

help!

Motec is till the tool to use. Yes, it is also for rF2.

To see how the aliens drive... Get into their car when online and see how they drive and nail those apexes time after time. If you are able to drive the same you will be quick too. Braking late is mostly not the way to be fast. Better slow in fast out, than fast in slow out. As if you are too fast you will miss the apex, go wide correcting it, so slow out... slow at the end of the straight etc etc, some call it "reactive driving" (?).
Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, I misunderstood your request, I thought you were looking for the Motec Telementry for rf2 to analyse data from your own runs.

The only way you can see other peoples data is if they physically give you their 'log' file for analysis.

Sorry, I misunderstood your request, I thought you were looking for the Motec Telementry for rf2 to analyse data from your own runs.

The only way you can see other peoples data is if they physically give you their 'log' file for analysis.

i was but also wondered if you could find other peoples telemetry to compare. thank you. you helped a lot!

There is a tool rfVCRmerge which is a stand-alone application that allows multiple laps to be overlaid, synchronised and saved into a new replay file.

http://www.rfactorlive.co.uk/main.php?page=vcr

Not sure if it works for rF2 though or if its of any help to you :)

thank you stefan. i have tried this on rfactor and it is very useful. i don't know if it works for rfactor 2. i might try it and cross fingers it doesn't crash.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back