rFactor 2 Stock Car (iRacing Reproduction) Modification - IN PROGRESS.....Thoughts?

Hello everyone!,

Firstly, let me just say that I've been a regular here on racedepartment for quite some time now; whether creating mods for various games/sims or general posting and downloading of members mods.

I have always been a great fan of rFactor 1/2 and although RF1 is unfortunately becoming dated in terms of graphics and DX11 capabilities, my attention has turned to rFactor 2 now it's getting the much deserved attention from Studio397 ;).

I had recently made myself a member of iRacing (sigh...) and although it is a very well put together simulation, there's one aspect that frustrates the **** out of me...THE PRICING!

I will state however I only became a member for a one-month subscription just to try out the stock cars ( Nascar); and without doubt it's very very Good!.
I'm not sure how long or if I'll continue with the subscription, as I have been working on something for RF2 which I think some of you may like...

I have been spending some time over the past week or so creating a modification that 'replicates' the look that iRacing stock cars have...
I have been concentrating on the cockpit textures and have made significant progress;

I have completed all the gauges and their respective 'bezels' - completed the steering wheel (including the wheel tape) - I've changed the ignition switch and am now in the process of removing the 'stickers' placed on the roll cage.

I was considering changing the roll cage colour to red; I did a trial with it red and although it looks just like the one in iRacing, I found that with custom liveries the red cage can look a little too apparent...so I've made it default grey.

For my own pleasure; and I sincerely hope I don't get into trouble for this but...
I recreated the iRacing Peak Antifreeze 2016/17 Nascar series car livery from that of Ray Alfallas' Ford Fusion...EXACTLY.

I only use this for personal use and don't race online with it so I don't think I'm breaking any copyright laws (However correct me if I'm wrong)....again it's only for singleplayer use.

I plan on changing all the cars liveries so that they'll be respective of the real Chevrolet/Ford/Toyota cars - mainly changing the lights, grill, logos etc.

I have also created the Goodyear eagle tyres which match the iRacing versions.

I know rFactor 2 isn't and will never be iRacing...
However, having now both rFactor 2 and iRacing, I can honestly say that RF2 stock cars is deserving of that iRacing feel and look....without the ridiculous price tag attached!

I will be posting some 'In Progress' screens tomorrow as I'm using my mobile atm.

I just wanted to let the community know of my work and plans and would like to see if it would be worth my while uploading my content when finalised.

If the interest is there or any of you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear about them here...

All the best ;)

P.S. Screens will appear in this thread tomorrow.

THX!

Good morning everyone,

As promised yesterday, here are some screenshots of the 'iRacing' reproduction modification i've been working on.

I have 'some' free time on my hands this week (as much as the wife will allow!) as i'm off work which enables me to hopefully complete the first part of the modification.

As you'll see from the images, the modification isn't complete and i have other plans in order to complete the mod to where i'm happy...so bare with me on this.
The strange thing about RF2 textures have differences than which i've worked with before; and i can tell you it hasn't been easy trying to figure it out, but i always get there in the end ;)

The main issues were with the actual dials/gauges but eventually all came good and as you'll see in the images; many textures were edited especially in the revs gauge as there were different textures going through the revs range (Blue/Green/Red).

I have made notes on the modified images which point out the modifications i've made, although listed below are those changes:

Complete Gauges - (Including rev range colour changes)
Gauge Needle - (Corrected to that of iRacing gauges needle)
Roll Cage - (May be available with Default grey or modified red colour)
Stickers Removed - (From RollCage / Dash)
Goodyear Eagle Tyres - (Including correct colour & motion blur)
Wheel Rims - (Including correct wheel nut colouring and yellow rim stripe)
Rear Window - (Correct 'iRacing' Red vehicle adjustment rings - Instead of Default yellow)
Steering Wheel - (Now slightly darker with centering 'tape' - Red)

(P.S. The images does include the Ray Alfalla Ford Fusion livery i created for personally use, and isn't intended for release as i'm not certain of possible legal implications; I DO NOT use this livery for any other purpose than OFFLINE USE!)

These modifications are just a few that i plan on completeing, and then possible tweaks to the completed modficiation if i need to amend items.

I will of course be updating this thread with more 'In progress' images and details should i have them.

Thanks.

SCREENS:
motion1.jpg
motion4.jpg
Original1.jpg
Original2.jpg
Original3.jpg
Original4.jpg
Original1.jpg
Rev1.jpg
Rev2.jpg
Rev3.jpg

I like it. :thumbsup: But I'm sure I have one just like this already downloaded and installed from the steam workshop. Very similar.

The only one available from the workshop is the 'Studio 397 Official version'; this modification i'm working on is based from that. Basically, i'm editing the Studio 397 version so it has a more iRacing look to it, which is why i'm modifying the texture files...this is a 'Work in progress'.

It essentially will appear to look the same, however if you compare the 'default' Studio 397 Official addon to the textures i've modified, it becomes very clear.
I actually have iRacing so it helps working from that with modifying the textures...

I plan on doing further modifications so like i've stated, it's a work in progress.

I'm interested to know what this mod is in the steam workshop...
I have been through the workshop with a fine tooth comb and I've only found the Official Studio397 Stock cars mod (this is the base for the mod I'm working with).

So in essence, Yes there is the one in the workshop and it is essentially the same mod...albeit it's the textures I'm modifying within that mod.

I'm not stealing anyone's mod so to speak; I'm just using the Studio397 one as a base.

My main goal was to basically create better liveries and create the cockpits near to iRacing nascar.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back