1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rFactor 2 Setup Guides

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Setups' started by Marco Bijl, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

An excellent guide on how to setup up cars, written by our own Ramon van Rijn. Originally written for RACE 07 but covers the basics of any racing sim, thus very useful for rF2 users as well.

Click this link to download the setup guide

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

The link to the guide has been removed for commercial reasons.
    Thank you to those that have expressed appreciation.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Fantastic work David, thank you and your contributors. This is essential reading or anyone who actually bothers to tinker with setups. I have had a quick read and already you have opened my eyes to some flaws with some of my setups.

Thanks once again, your place is assured in sim racing heaven.

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

It should definitely belong here as well, so that it's clearly visible to anyone visiting the rF2 section! For this reason, I have also pinned the thread to the top of the forum. Great work @David O'Reilly and co. This will almost certainly come in handy to even the most experienced of sim-racers. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

This is already helped take of some downforce from the Corvette C6R and improve cornering and throttle application on exit of medium speed corners. Thanks again for 'THE' reference tool.:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Stenne

Stenne
    Premium Member

Excellent work! Many thanks. This will really help a lot.:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium Member

David....I came across your guide just last night and downloaded it. It's very long and extremely well put together. I plan on reading every word of it , probably a few times. Thank you so much for putting that thing together!

• Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thanks a lot for this guide, I'm going to study it an try my best to get better setups!

• Love Love x 1
  9. Maybe I haven't been really looking around enough for good information but that guide posted by David is the first guide to very simply and quickly explain to me what the Bump settings actually affect and why you should use them.

I also appreciate the comments in it like The first misconception we need to dispell [sic] is that stiffer is better or Rule #1. Change only one thing at a time and make a substantial change.

I've never much found either of those attitudes (small changes and stiffer as a rule) to be helpful to me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Hey m8
    Would it be possible to get your guide?
    I saw some movies on the net and it sounds like i could really benefit from it.

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

After getting into a minor diplomatic crisis at home from spending £1,000 on a new OSW wheel I have made the decision to move this guide to a sales model to at least defray some sim racing costs.
    IE It will be something people can buy.

Some people will find this really upsetting, I can understand that. The divine right of players to get stuff for free being one of the gaming commandments in many cultures.

Others might feel that for the roughly the price of.......
    1. a high street cup of coffee or
    2. one print edition of Autosport or most magazines.
    3. 1/10th the annual Xbox live subscripton
    4. (or possibly more relevant) 10% of the price of the RF2 sim itself.

Is it fair?
    It is the fruit of between 800 and 1000 hours of my personal testing and set up work and draws on the knowledge of some of the world top sim racers. Its been endorsed by serious Simracing journalists and by ISI themselves.
    It will have a shelf life of several years. (The last really good one was written 13 years ago!)
    It will help my family understand this affliction of sim racing addiction.

So if you feel that it will make Rfactor2 (or your favourite sim) 10% more fun then its probably a fair price.

All the revenues will be directly re invested in sim racing, unless we suddenly become a global top seller and I cant soak it all up with triples, £500 pedals, more graphics cards etc etc in which case It will buy a real world racing car.

I will be setting up a site to download the guide. In the meantime you can send me a PM and I will organise it for you.

The price includes free updates as and when they are published.
    If you are a registered and licensed Formula Simracing driver you get it for half price.

The price:
    £4.00 or €5.00