1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rfactor 2 server

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Ford, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

hi all, just wondering, what do you need in order to get your own server for rfactor 2?

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

People willing to drive on it :).

No, but serious. In principle, each rfactor2 install is capable of being a server. With the HOST function from the launcher, you can start 1, with a mod installed at your pc.

Next you need to open up the correct ports and grand access to the firewall.

And thats it. When you are on a LAN, tick the LAN button in the joining screen.

Ow, and a steady internet connection would be nice as well :). The server helps to set the max number of drivers allowed, based on what you define as connection speed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

:roflmao:
    thank you. just curious about future possibilities.
    marco, do you participate in any competitions at the minute and if so, what game do you race on most?

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Mostly, I am on with rf2. GSC is high on my enjoyment list as well, and I am very curious for Formula Truck. But I have to admit, that I am on about 90% of the time doing tests for the clubs or leagues. I rarely drive a race anymore, don't even think I get to 1 race per month on average.

In terms of any competitions, no. I am way to busy organizing the leagues and clubs for you guys, have a project running with a track for rfactor2 (which you have seen by now), working on a second track for rf2, and doing a lot of other things on the background. Plus I have a very sweet wife, and a beautifull little dauchter who deserve my attention as well,

Have had my doubts to do the RDLMS, but somehow, I can't get myself to commit to it.
    Perhaps in the future again :).