rFactor 2 Screenshots

• GP4Freak

having a laugh here..

You guys don't understand.. Just have a CLOSER look at the shots.. Then you'll see detailed shadows from trees which is much more life-like then rF1. Also the car is self-shadowing.. which is a huge improvement.. it may even mean we'll get detailed in-cockpit shadows like those new Next-gen racers. Plus, I don't know if it's true, but I think the carreflection is dynamic..

Those pale looking textures can always be replaced, though the selfshadowing is something no one will ever get in rF1

Screenshot: Classic Formula Car at Spa-Francorchamps

New one!

Really the lights are amazing!:)

Attachments

• rfactor 2 screenshot.jpg
    rfactor 2 screenshot.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 936
Stop it Peter you teaser :) Man, what a quality picture :thumb: I am happy to see that rF2 will get some decent in game cars as well. This formula car reminds we of an old game that is still very popular today :)
Would love to give that old one a good spin on that legendary track.

Although this image shows some nice descending in rfactor and every other ISI based game i have played so far it looks great and steep in your rear view mirror but often flat with the view straight forward.
Would be nice to get a shot from the other side as well

• Andrew Evans

Hmm, still not mega impressed....

i'm with ryan... there's nothing in any of the screen shots, thus far, that suggests anything revolutionary.... and tbh, it's just eye-candy anyways... the least most important factor in any game - particularly a sim.... (unless yr 14)

let's see if the kids can move things forwards with actual in-game features that have a direct bearing upon feeling, handling, environment, immersion, general gameplay and setting a new standard for sim racing....

i'm with ryan... there's nothing in any of the screen shots, thus far, that suggests anything revolutionary.... and tbh, it's just eye-candy anyways... the least most important factor in any game - particularly a sim.... (unless yr 14)

let's see if the kids can move things forwards with actual in-game features that have a direct bearing upon feeling, handling, environment, immersion, general gameplay and setting a new standard for sim racing....

Well i'm 14 and for me graphics really count too:). And as far as i can see from the shots, the graphics are better than in any ISI engine based sim ever made.

I'm on a slightly different opinion about that. I'm not 14, and still think graphics counts, not in terms of "unrealistic but spectacular" effects though. I think the purpose of a sim is to give back the most of the real life driving experience to the player, and "what you see" is a really great part of that! Also SOUND is a great part!
For the best experience in a sim we need the best physics, best ffb, best graphics, best sound we can get. (and of course everything that counts a little)

Stop it Peter you teaser :) Man, what a quality picture :thumb: I am happy to see that rF2 will get some decent in game cars as well. This formula car reminds we of an old game that is still very popular today :)
Would love to give that old one a good spin on that legendary track.

Grand Prix Legends I think you mean Bram, My first Sim race experience it is still a very good Sim on to day's standards,and a very active community, build more then 500 race track's and did a few very good mods.

Hans

BTW the picture looks promising:good:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back