rFactor 2 Screenshots

Looks good so far, the tracks are improved. Fog would be interesting, especially for wet races (see F1 at Spa in 2008? A lot of mist).

They are odd screenshots to release first, 2 track pics and a car that nobody expected, but I'm sure more will come. Can't wait to see how they plan on taking Simbin on :)

Graphics are still pretty bad IMO.

Buy a better graphiccard then :)
My graphics in Race07 and rFactor are superb.
Car models look great, tracks look great (depending of which track of course)

So on terms of graphics I have no further wishes to be on par with the current game, maybe slightly better in use of the newest graphic features, but not a must.

The things I like to see and some of them were confirmed bye Gjon in the interview he gave on InsideSimracing;
- Rainy conditions were part of the track could be dry, others wet.
- Tire-walls or other objects that actually are what they pretend. Not tire-walls that act like brick walls
- More simulation, less workarounds; Animated pitcrews, real audience (no cardboard people), Wheel to wheel contact, not only body to body
- Better damage system, more like Dirt/Grid.

etc.etc. continue the list of wishes :) lOL

I hope they do what was put into the Le Mans 1979 track, where the barriers (hay bales in this case) are moved when you hit them. Like, in that second picture, they could be easily moved from a crash, they're hardly bolted to the ground. In other words, physics applied to other things, not just cars.

Rainy conditions were part of the track could be dry, others wet.

I agree. The best transitional weather I have seen in a sim to date were Geoff Crammonds GP4. I still remember the first time I was racing at the A1 and wondered if I was imagining that the lighting was changing on the horizon in T1.

2-3 laps latter I started to thing "no way! There is rain approaching the circuit." The rain started as a hazey mist, steadily got heavier and the track, in turn 1 only, started to get wet.

The rain cloud then moved across the track, eventually soaking it all the way to the far side of the circuit.

And yes - as the weather system moved on T1 started to dry first.

GP4! What has everyone been doing since Crammond hung up his helmet?

Don't want to disrespect in anyway, but that supernetcode thing i hear for years now, but in all honesty i don't experience any difference to other ISI games. Yes i read it on all forums that it is superior but never saw any proof of it yet.
I can have fabulous on line races in rfactor, GTL and Evo (prior to the patch that is :)) with good pings and nose-to-tail racing.

With the net code i also include the lobby system and to be honest the lobby in rF1 sucks enormously for the average user. You need to tweak .ini files to get it working partly (servers not showing up etc) and i do not think that average Joe knows how to do that.

For me the superior net code is a made up story that has evolved into a legend. Lot's of parrots in the simracing community :)

• Josh Healy

Meh. Graphics weren't as good as I was expecting them to be.

@ Ramon I agree the car models look good but to me the overall detail and track textures look dated.

Still looking forward to this release though.

This is only the beta version of the game...there should be alot more updates to graphics. Potentially surpassing Evo's graphics

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%