1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured rFactor 2: Sao Paulo Preview

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ryan Ogurek, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

• Like Like x 5
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

If we're lucky isi will ask reiza to finish rf2 for them so we get the most out of that engine :)

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 4
  4. Looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Maybe Reiza will implement some finished rF2 features into Game stock car. :)

Like the dynamic road conditions. That's a pretty cool feature. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

This looks like a glimpse into the future. That's a lot of great potential content.
    :thumbsup:

8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Reiza has mentioned this feature and hope to implement it down the road. Iam curious as to what deals were made by the 2 companies as last reiza posted a video showing wing flex tire wear and flat spotting along with a few other new features which they said would only make it into the game through crowd funding, but are now coming to us as a free update. Now isi releases a collaboration track preview.
    Don't get me wrong Iam not trying to bash rf2, isi has developed aN excellent engine with tons of potential I am just not a fan of isi game development, lack of licenses and the way they handle things in general.
    Personally I think the 2 could gain alot from one another and could easily create the perfect simulation :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Currently no one else except ISI has access to the "new" rF2 engine. Maybe that will be a start of Reiza getting access to the engine, that would be really great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

@David Slute

ISI is a software developer: So basically it's a game engine developer. I think there main focus is not on the content and a shiny User Interface. But you need content and a UI to test your game engine

For the ISI history click here
    As you can see at the bottom we are at isimotor 2.5. That motor is still in development with rF2. Like rF1 was for isimotor2.

So i'm really curious what Reiza will do when they get there hands on the isimotor2.5 in a few years. Or will they slowly implement it bit by bit.

Just some "gossip": :barefoot:
    ISI is working on a new UI with implementation of some kind of flash player.
    ISI is going to make ISI content more easy and user friendly to install: Something like: open rF2 lite: Click, click, skip, click, skip... Click OK, coffee, ... Bingo and go racing.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Matt Horst

Matt Horst
    Premium Member

What would be really ground breaking is if the two merged,with all Reiza content joining rf2.

12. Prefer if they stayed separate. Collaborate for sure. But each continue to do their own thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Mr. Eldren is probably right on. ISI has a history of developing and licensing it's a solid business model. Partnerships are not feasible but collaborations and licensing are.

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

The track looks amazing, such detail.
    The race I want to do first of all is full GP distance in the ASR Classic 1992 Open wheelers#.
    The #illiams howling
    The #cLaren screaming
    The #inardis fighting
    The turbo #igiers doing whatever verb they do.

Bathurst and V8s
    Brazil and 92 #1
    Yeah baby.

@Gijs van Elderen
    get that club racing diary out and pencil this in.

#NB we don't use the F word

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

@David O'Reilly

What's with the # before some of your words? Just curious. :whistling: It does not read properly. Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

There was a great scatch build F1 mod with all the F1 cars from 1992. The cars were awesome to drive and the sounds were authentic with each car. But F1 authorities claimed copyrights on the team names used and the name F1. Which David now refer to as #1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Well there was a big Kerfuffle and around the Sim Racing Modding world "The Establishment" of the pinnacle of motor sport have started sending threatening letters to modders and communities that host mods and leagues.
    They are strictly enforcing their "elements " including the name of the series and various other things.
    I did some research on their ownership of various "elements"
    You cant use the F word followed by the first number.

They use internet search engines to find transgressors and threaten them.
    So in short modders have to call their mods Open Wheel Racing or whatever.
    Races cant include mods called by "registered elements."
    thats where the "#" comes in.

18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

I see thanks. Confusing but I understand. I find it hard to believe the comment:

"The Establishment" of the pinnacle of motor sport have started sending threatening letters to modders and communities that host mods and leagues.

19. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I've seen it twice myself already, he speaks the truth.

20. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Seen what? What do they do exactly?

How come there are many, many F1 mods covering all seasons still available for GTR2, GP4 etc?