rFactor 2 refund

Let's see if any of you can help me. I have requested a refund for the game yesterday. I have received an email saying the refund request has been processed. I checked my credit card balance and they have not given the money back. Do I have to wait a little more or have they screwed me over? :(

Afaik it takes at least a couple of days for these things to get sorted up and I also think it depends on how you`ve paid in the first place.

IE paypal or another method...

It`ll be fixed up for you as long as your within the refund time period which I`m sure you probably are. :)

I bought the beta about a week ago, so I am within the refund time. I cant get enough FPS on it, if I lower the settings it looks way too bad, worse than Race 07. Game is poorly optimized when it comes to graphic settings.

My specs are way above recommended. Maybe the fact that I run at resolution of 1920X1080 can hurt FPS a bit. But on the other hand, I can run iRacing with 20 or more cars on track with more than 75FPS at most times. Race 07 runs at around 90FPS. Sometimes I get higher than that. rFactor 2 with other cars goes down to 40, 35 FPS on medium settings. No HDR, no Anti Aliasing.

Specs:
4GB RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad Core 2.8GHz
ATI HD 5750 1GB

My specs are way above recommended. Maybe the fact that I run at resolution of 1920X1080 can hurt FPS a bit. But on the other hand, I can run iRacing with 20 or more cars on track with more than 75FPS at most times. Race 07 runs at around 90FPS. Sometimes I get higher than that. rFactor 2 with other cars goes down to 40, 35 FPS on medium settings. No HDR, no Anti Aliasing.

Specs:
4GB RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad Core 2.8GHz
ATI HD 5750 1GB

Joao, shadows are the biggest killers. Set the shadows to medium/low and switch OFF road/environment reflections, sun etc and you should see big improvement. Do a few tests with different settings.

Also set anti-liasing to "None" and FXAA ON. Something else you can do is make sure that settings in ATI Catalyst are set properly, I think best in your case would be to let the application settings and not maybe Quality to max.

Let us know.

Cheers

Joao, shadows are the biggest killers. Set the shadows to medium/low and switch OFF road/environment reflections, sun etc and you should see big improvement. Do a few tests with different settings.

Also set anti-liasing to "None" and FXAA ON. Something else you can do is make sure that settings in ATI Catalyst are set properly, I think best in your case would be to let the application settings and not maybe Quality to max.

Let us know.

Cheers

Settings are set properly in ATI Catalyst because I changed them for iRacing. I lowered them a bit for rFactor 2 but still have bad FPS. I already asked for refund anyways, I'll just wait for the demo. Who knows, I probably will have a better PC by then. :)

Thank you for all the help, appreciate it Stefan.

Settings are set properly in ATI Catalyst because I changed them for iRacing. I lowered them a bit for rFactor 2 but still have bad FPS. I already asked for refund anyways, I'll just wait for the demo. Who knows, I probably will have a better PC by then. :)

Thank you for all the help, appreciate it Stefan.
My settings for iRacing and pCars are radically different. One-size-fits-all doesn't work with these two sims. As was mentioned before turn AA off in-game and let the card do the work for pCars. I found this to be the biggest hit beyond anything in that game. It's the difference between over 60fps in that game down to 30-40 ish or so for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back