rF2 rFactor 2 Racing Club 2.0 (Must Read!)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Maybe some kind of correlation with the current leagues as well.
So select upcoming track for a league race and the same cars.
EG:
VWEC Losail is next up so a club race with the VWEC cars at that track of say 1 hour.
Benefits are:
League drivers can use it as practice / shakedown. (more attendance from them, many are practicing for League and will attend but wont grab another car on another circuit).
Non League drivers get a taste and compare their pace (good feeder to leagues)
Non League drivers get help and experience.
More exciting than straight server practice for League.

Same can occur for World Series by Renault, et al.

In this way a synergy occurs and far greater connection between Club and League.
It worked very well in RD F1 2011 and we found new talent this way and schooled them in RD culture and expectations of driving standards.
In a way the better drivers "had their Licenses stamped" in the Club races and moved into League.

I think there are more leagues/series around then in the old days, but much less drivers overall outside of iRacing who are willing to make the minimal effort for organized racing (instead of the full service iRacing style).

Today would be Marussia @ Silverstone, just as an example.
Car is the same class as the FR 3.5 and drives very similarly, track is one of the WSBR tracks and weekday is the same also :) signups: 3 logic: nonexistent :D

Since most aren't driving if the grid isn't instantly filled, therefore preventing the grid to be filled, this is a simply a vicious circle ;)

I think this is going in the right direction and it may also help RD recriuit some more admins. The reason I did not admin in the past for the US zone is because I figured out that if I did my racing (here and elsewhere) would have suffered. Also at the time I was not very experienced anyway).

I think that for this to work across the board, we need a calendar that contains all the races: league and race club, maybe with some color coding.

Maybe league and raceclub races get each an icon and every sim gets a different font or BG color. So one can at a glance plan the week or even see if that day they can squeeze a race in.

I discovered the calendar only recently, but I didn't see any league races there and some other club races took some time to show up.

With this system it should be a lot easier to write the whole week in advance quickly.

I am hoping this will be accepted by your USA readership so I can get some races as well during the week, not just on weekends.

Maybe some kind of correlation with the current leagues as well.
So select upcoming track for a league race and the same cars.
EG:
VWEC Losail is next up so a club race with the VWEC cars at that track of say 1 hour.
Benefits are:
League drivers can use it as practice / shakedown. (more attendance from them, many are practicing for League and will attend but wont grab another car on another circuit).
Non League drivers get a taste and compare their pace (good feeder to leagues)
Non League drivers get help and experience.
More exciting than straight server practice for League.

Same can occur for World Series by Renault, et al.

In this way a synergy occurs and far greater connection between Club and League.
It worked very well in RD F1 2011 and we found new talent this way and schooled them in RD culture and expectations of driving standards.
In a way the better drivers "had their Licenses stamped" in the Club races and moved into League.
I think thats is not a bad idea. Taking into account, that in case of the VWEC we had around 60 to 100 drivers in each event, so even if 20% of the leauge racers signup for a club event, the grid would have a repectable size.
The only problem might be, that the leading cars per class want to hide their pace a bit before the race.
Something I have never done:whistling:

I think thats is not a bad idea. Taking into account, that in case of the VWEC we had around 60 to 100 drivers in each event, so even if 20% of the leauge racers signup for a club event, the grid would have a repectable size.
The only problem might be, that the leading cars per class want to hide their pace a bit before the race.
Something I have never done:whistling:
Thanks Frederic,
It seemed to work very well in F1 2011. many drivers were practicing on that track for the upcoming race so it just opened it up to new members to get a taste and get into it. Possible the biggest challenge with RF2 is the diversity of cars. For every driver who wants to run the FR 3.5 for example there is one who wants to drive Historics, GT cars, Saloons, Skippy.
So it really fragments the community.
One other option would be to have a "Track in focus" for a couple of weeks and work up through the cars while learning the track. EG Open wheelers: Skippy, Formula 2, FR 3.5, F1.
For me for sure I only want to be on one track for 2 weeks as I learn it. So Club events are fine and I will attend if they are at the track that my league is preparing for in that period.

I would love to see more fun events that we did with rFactor 1 years ago. Less serious racing and more good moments with friends on Teamspeak.

Soap box racing, busses, offroad racing, banger racing, 24H of LeMons, Apecars, Save the Princess etc etc.

Those were hilarious nights with huge grids of drivers. Its all becoming way too serious.

That kind of stuff! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years