rF2 rFactor 2 Racing Club 2.0 (Must Read!)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The new Racing Club features

Who have been reading the forum already have seen we had this concept in beta testing in the GSC racing club, and is now extended to Rfactor2:cool:

The new features are to start right away in this week, week 32, with the new Chevrolet Camaro GT3 on Mid-Ohio!:thumbsup:

1. One week. One track. Same car(s). A week in the Racing Club will be centered around one track and the same selection of cars - usually one, but sometimes more per class or multi-class - with races going off on a daily basis at 19:00 GMT. The races have a length of 30 minutes and are preceded by a qualifying session. You can practice online all day long, except during the daily event. We will start out with this format and time, in the future we are looking to expand on this idea.

2. Practise makes perfect. These new horizontally planned events allow for drivers to get used to the car and tracks over the period of a week. No need for stressfully trying to get your laps in to prepare for this one-time, never-again event. Now you can take all that you learn in the one event and put it to practice in the next. You decide when you practice and you decide when your race. You don't have to miss out if you have to work late that one night.

3. Drop in and drive! You no longer have to sign up for the events you want to join. Just drop in the server and get going! We will still have a thread open for you to discuss the races, setups, lines and to tag other players (name) to point their attention to the event. "Hey john doe, come join me tonight!"

4. The Sim-Sheep-Effect. Shall I join even though the server is empty? Yes, you shall! It only takes one person to draw all the rest. Don't be affraid to be the first - lead the flock!

5. Moving up the ranks. Now that all the results get logged by RaceLog we keep track of everyone's progress and so can you... The better your results, the more ranking points you will score. How much points you score (or lose) depends on how your ranking points compare to those of your opponents and what position everyone finishes in. Lower ranked drivers will gain more by winning than high ranked drivers. The opposite is true for losing points. Beat the best and lead our ranks!

6. Finish your races! Wondering if you should hit that ESC button? Don't! Making it to the finish line is rewarding and we strongly encourage you to do so. Scoring a DNF (Did Not Finish) will result in a ranking points penalty that you really don't need.

7. To rank or not to rank. Everybody that drives in the Racing Club gets ranked, however the ranking will not affect what races you can join in the Racing Club. The clubs are open for all our Licensed Members. If you don't want to worry about your points, simply don't pay attention to them. You are just as welcome!

8. Check the Event Calendar! We intend to plan our events about a month in advance so you can read what's coming up. Check the event calendar to see what's in the pipeline.

9. What about illegal content? Na-ah! :thumbsdown:

10. I don't live in Europe. What about me? Stay tuned! If this works out we'll introduce races in other time zones as well.

11. More soon! The development of the Racing Clubs and RaceLog is an ongoing process. We will introduce new features over time. Keep an eye out for them! In the meantime, please share your thoughts and experiences with us. We dearly need your feedback to make this a success! :thumbsup:

I honestly prefer it this way. Actually I have not enough time currently to race much at the club races here but as soon I have more time I will race more.
The thing is we can race on any day as it is now but we don't have to.

if you want to race on one day you/we just need some organisation our self here.
It can't be the case that more options are worse than less options.

Want to race on Saturday? Make a post, tag all the people you know , talk about it, share setups, do practice sessions together on the server and so on....
Want to race every Saturday of the month? Open a thread, ask people who wants to also, practice together if you can, post more, talk more basically do more.

IMO RD offers as much more than we need here we just need to show our self some effort and organisation here.

Generally I have noticed (this is not about you Jordy, and not only on RD, as I said generally ;) ) that people complain that nobody races online and the grids are not full enough and so on.
How comes? 20 dudes for example say the grids are not full enough.
I sometimes think the times/people changed way to fast and to much, everybody expects everything served on a golden plate without any effort them self.

This is still a random sim sub forum and there are loads of racing games/sims out there.
So if we enjoy rF2 and want to race on full grids we should also show some initiative our self.

As I said my 2c. ;)

Last edited:
IMO RD offers as much more than we need here we just need to show our self some effort and organisation here.

Generally I have noticed (this is not about you Jordy, and not only on RD, as I said generally ;) ) that people complain that nobody races online and the grids are not full enough and so on.
How comes? 20 dudes for example say the grids are not full enough.
I sometimes think the times/people changed way to fast and to much, everybody expects everything served on a golden plate without any effort them self.

This is all true, but from my experence this will never change. Most would much rather throw money at the organization-problem, see iRacing as an example ;)

I cant see what is hard in this,
for example:

Wednesday night race 25th

1. Rupe wilson
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
tag a few friends
@friend, @friend, @friend,

took me about 20 seconds...

nothing has really changed if you think about it, you now get the option to race said track and car on what night you want,
if you want to race on a particular night every week let drivers know about it look who races on that night and tag them..

If i choose a website like RD to play simracing games and moreover become a premium member, it's because i don"t want to organize any race, even if it's very simple. To be premium member is like saying "Ok guys, i don"t have time and skills to manage a serveur and a community but i'm very proud of your job !" I'm quite new on RD and I don't realy know lots of people here, I'm not very legitimate to organize something here :(

A "one day one race" format is very effective to gather simRacers.

What were looking for is feedback, we do listen and try to adapt,
whilst some like the new format others like the old style better,
At present the server is set up for the whole week with a 2 types of racing its up to you guys to make the races happen,
The work involved to set up different races for every night meant that as staff we didint even get to race ourselves, as we was testing for the next events making the mods and putting it all in place. With this system our staff who do a great job, now get the chance to race themselves, ( i think this is only fair )
i think this is a great compromise, all work and no play is not good for the staff, sometimes these things are overlooked.
And it has been proven that many times now that racing the same track a couple of times the races just get better and better. bringing the whole field closer together. Especially so with the way the cars handle in Rfactor 2, you might learn the track in on race but you learn so much more about the car and how to drive it over a few races,

So add your feedback please let us know so we can try and provide the best racing experience for all.:)

just one race since this new format...
I prefere the previous one. One day one race !
i think a lot of the guys have waited for things to develop with some competition and now the amazing VWE series is up and running, i think most busy guys are dedicating their time to that. i've been driving malaysia with my teammates as have most of the regulars. i think this idea was hit by the holiday period and the VWE. however, when it first came out, there were far more racers involved.

To get peeps in just tag them and invite them for the night. I am sure many look if someone is on or not...If not they don't connect.
As I speak about myself: VWEC keeps me occupied, not with training, but working behind the scenes, making skins for a few teams, help teams export their skin to dds files, make all ikons, screenshot vehicle files and testing for the soon to be released mod. Really tons of work and than I am not evene talking about my daily job and my real life stuff. I hardly have time to sleep these days... :p

Pretty cool idea, sounds more like an iRacing format, in a good way!

Only if I had time to practice and race, but I'm too busy with my track building project :(

Will keep an eye out for a good combination though, just in case :)

Well, there are servers up, just not the right ones :).
But you are right. Somehow, people do not fancy driving online that much anymore. Not only with rfactor2, but with more platforms that is the case. They rather drive with predictable and constant AI it seems.

Personally I do not understand it, but I can't change it as well.

I know.. I use AI to rubber the track, and thats it ;). People are more into league racing nowadays I think. Leagues are still very popular all over. Think time is an issue for most of us..

Agree Kjell but even in racing sims that are released you see a sort of downwards line concerning club event sign ups. I remember the day when i started here at RD, it was so difficult to gain a spot on the grid because of the full sign up lists. Nowadays people are more intrested in league racing. I do have a few ideas how to make things more intresting.
For example offer less clubraces and use dynamic weather and simulation options like driving to your start posistion etc etc. Thats make the racing more intresting and unpredictable. Only like 2 clubraces maximum in a week and make those races special.
Those are my 2 cents.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back