rFactor 2 - Q & A with the development team

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi,

Spoken to the boss himself yesterday night and in a few weeks time he will be able to answer questions from the RD community!

Please use this thread to write down your questions for him. We will wrap up the most original questions that have not been answered before in previous interviews and will send it out.

Take note of a few simple rules:
  • Don't use this thread for debates / discussions. Stay on topic: questions. Discussions are more than welcome here
  • Read the entire topic so you don't repeat the same questions over and over again :)
  • We all want to know when the game will be released, so avoid that question as it has been asked a million times before and we all know the answer already: "Released when its finished"
Shoot! What would you like know? Lets get the rFactor 2 ball rolling!
rfactor2.png

Will there be a customizable animation system for verious parts of the car/driver like individual shifting and steering animations differing from one car to another.Will there be a feature that gives you time scaled and car-dependend events like a time frame that has the AI force to use headlights not all at the same time but still within a time frame of like 30 minutes. Same for additional stuff (LED Lights at LMPs, the highlighted numbers and passenger seat lights for example which aren't on the whole time usually.Will it be possible to have different engine architectures represented more accurate(Turbo Leak, Engine Position/Size Matters more than just wheight.More damage variants(tire blowouts, not just punctures, broken/skipping gears).

Hi Tim, first of echo of thanks for the comms on ISI forum.

Can you give some heads up to the community of the kind of updates the coming months and years will bring to rF2 from the ISI side. Patches aside, what does the 3-5 year future of rF2 look like.

Jack
[theother5]

Mr.Wheathley, I can barely imagine the endless challenges faced by ISI to create a state of the art simulator as rFactor(2).

I only have 3 simple questions, il put them all here instead of asking 3 times.

1.Turbochargers, will it be simulated, such as boost lag, boost variations etc. (see LFS S2 for instance)

2.Track Size, will rFactor2 engine give support to really large (over 200km square) sized tracks or open roads without issues.

3.Tire Data, i know there is currently a serious lack of data for Tires, will a Tool be available with basic data and presets to create new tires (or slipcurves), without the need to be a engineer.

Thank you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years