Rfactor 2 Physics

Hi. I recently posted in a different thread "no grip in formula 2" saying that i was a little concerned about the physics in rfactor 2. everything looks great, graphics improving but altho its a beta, i had noted that some cars had zero grip and i mean ZERO. one example was the trainer at limerock park in my recent download.

however, i went on last night and played it and the grip was fine. i could press the throttle right down gradually without wheels spin. with the brake, i could press it down without locking. on the other hand, there are times ( e.g. online) where the throttle and the brake can only be pressed a little without losing complete grip.

is this a bug? is it to do with the track being green? i can't explain it other than the pedal pressures seem completely different on occasions. i range from being half decent to a newb to half decent again.:unsure:

Sometimes it happens that the pedals are basically on/off switches and I need to re-assign them in the controls menu to solve that. I remember having to do that in iRacing with the brake pedal or steering wheel centering as well.

For me, the Formula ISI was undriveable in the last build because the tires wouldn't get warm through one bug, and through another bug, I always seemed to end up with either a wet track, or a green track :p I'll wait on the Marussia car ;)

Hopefully they sort these things out :)

This is the main difference:

tires.jpg

You bring up an interesting point Andrew. I have noticed with other cars on rFactor 2 and GSC2012 that in SP i drive and get used to the car and track. As soon as I join the server it feels quite a lot different.

I'm not talking grip here but things like changing my controller settings again to get the "same" feel. Not always though. Thought it was only my imagination and making these changes set my mind at ease but you may have a point here.

You bring up an interesting point Andrew. I have noticed with other cars on rFactor 2 and GSC2012 that in SP i drive and get used to the car and track. As soon as I join the server it feels quite a lot different.

I'm not talking grip here but things like changing my controller settings again to get the "same" feel. Not always though. Thought it was only my imagination and making these changes set my mind at ease but you may have a point here.
thanks mate. don't know why they would do this but like i say, throttle and brakes feel far too sensitive. i'm not talking lack of grip like some people think. i'm talking brake pedal pressure and throttle pressure sensitivity. very strange and offputting :-(

One thing you need to be careful of is some cars don't have wet weather physics. The Formula ISI is such a car, and the wet tires on that are functionally identical to slicks.

They did a fantastic job of capturing what slicks feel and look like on a flooded track though. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back