1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor 2 Open Beta is OUT!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ramon van Rijn, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

This time seriously!
    - Unzip the rar file
    - Run the exe file

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
  2. MrPix

Project Immersion

seeding and installing :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

4. it would be quite nice to have some alternative links because that torrent file is INCREDIBLY OVERLOADED!!!
  5. Great news. :) Any idea when there will be a non-torrent exe upload available?
  6. Is this a dream?
  7. I decided to download it and pay for the beta... I'll just need my father to confirm payment XD
    • Like Like x 1
  8. no downloading now...
  9. no this is going to take for ever...
  10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Well, you can feel a big change on tyre management and physics, the cars have a lot more grip than before but when they loose grip you can really have huge understeer (talking about the megane). The cars drive less like what we are habituated to think is a racing car, and more like you real everyday car.

You need to take care of the tires now, because one mistake and you ruin them with a flatspot.

I'm sure it will receive a lot of critics from the graphical aspect because with full settings it really looks outdated compared with iRacing, which already receives critics from time to time. I would say from the graphical aspect is more rFactor 1.5 than a real 2.0. Not a big issue today but let's see how it develops in the next few years.

The weather feature is a nice addon, just hope for better tools to create random weather, I'm sure there will be.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. feels so surreal, the next generation of sims starts here!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. the overload was expected and will go faster when more people get the seeding. I will be seeding for the foreseeable future.
  13. If anybody does have an http link can they pm to me please, as I don't have torrent client on my race PC, and I don't intend to as no antivirus or firewall.
  14. I'm on to about 1.5mo/s right now :)

Using Vuze :p
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Downloading and seeding ^_^
  16. Phil Rose

Phil Rose
    Premium Member

Awesome, although this may take a while!! :-P Thanks ISI for your efforts and your patience.
  17. about 14 weeks for me ...lol
  18. Wouldn't it help the overall download speed if when people finished downloading, they would leave their torrent downloader running. Just asking.
  19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It will, like me, doing my duty as a seeder.
  20. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

I was not into rf2 that much but as the beta came closer and closer and closer... well you can guess what happend....
    Downloading now :)
    • Like Like x 3