rFactor 2 Nordshleife Help!

Hi all, I downloaded 2 different types of nordschleife and installed, both have the same problem that when I try to load, the bar gets to about 3/4 way full and freezes! Then i need to ctrl+alt+del to get out and close the crashed game.

I'd really love to drive on the ring so if anyone can help me solve this it would be greatly appreciated!

I suspect you are running out of memory.
The process rfactor2.exe cant handle more then 3.8isch Gb of memory. When it goes over, if freezes.

Did you select AI? If so, lower the nr of AI to 12 - 15. That should do the trick.

You can check this by opening your task manager, and look on the processes tab.

No AI. I just can't get it to work. Doesn't look like memory is very high, I do have a decent gaming computer btw. A few days ago i turned all graphics settings low and it loaded but started glitching heaps and car would fall through the ground lol (couldnt drive anywhere).

Now even with low settings it crashes. Only have this kind of problem with rfactor and this track which is a shame because it what I bought rfactor 2 for and I haven't been playing it.

Yeah it goes 700,000K-1,200,000K.

Other things like iRacing go high and its fine?
Managed to get it to load on low settings, first the car falls though the ground again, resets and the map is shaking with a weird clicking noise :S

i had/have this problem in GSC with one of the mods & when i tried it in rF2 thought i was experiencing it again. but i waited it out & after a minute or so the bar did move (after reaching that ~75% place it would typically stop) & it loaded up fine. so maybe just try making some coffee while its loading. :)

i had/have this problem in GSC with one of the mods & when i tried it in rF2 thought i was experiencing it again. but i waited it out & after a minute or so the bar did move (after reaching that ~75% place it would typically stop) & it loaded up fine. so maybe just try making some coffee while its loading. :)

The first time you load a track it creates "shader" files. If you don't change graphics settings it should load faster the next time it loads the track. if you change some graphic settings it creates new ones.

If you want to change graphic settings. It's sometimes best to delete these shader files. They can be found in the Userdata/log/shaders. Just empty the folder if you want to start from scratch.

After a new build update, delete the shader files in the shader folder and the Cbash files in the Cbash folder.

Yeah it goes 700,000K-1,200,000K.

Other things like iRacing go high and its fine?
Managed to get it to load on low settings, first the car falls though the ground again, resets and the map is shaking with a weird clicking noise :S
I had an issue with the Nordschleife it crashed just after joining and installing the most recent graphic drivers helped.

Usual "tip" is to do a seperate clean install and try again. Luckily I never had a real issue in rF2 since day one even with lots of updating. I seem to be lucky with rF2 :cool:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 3.8%