rFactor 2 new Oval track previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Bristol 1.jpg

The Image Space Incorporated Track Team have revealed preview images of yet more new Oval content heading to the rFactor 2 simulation, this time the 3PA Fallston Speedway.

The preview images require little imagination to work out that this new 3PA unlicensed track is of course the legendary Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee.

Housing a considerable 160,000 fans Bristol Motor Speedway is the fourth largest sports venue in America and the eighth largest in the world, sitting firmly at the top of many seasoned NASCAR followers list of favourite venues. Known as the loudest NASCAR track on the current calendar due to its steep banking and amphitheatre like grandstand arrangement, Bristol is an iconic short Oval location and one of the jewels of the NASCAR season.

rFactor 2 Bristol 2.jpg

rFactor 2 Bristol 3.jpg

Recently releasing 3 teaser images with the promise of more to follow in the coming days, nothing is yet know of when Oval fans can expect to find this new track in rFactor 2. Judging by the released previews and the ISI Track Team's record of previewing content close to completion one would imagine Fallston is close to finished and due release in the very near future.

Following on from the launch of ISI's own StockCar content the sim has slowly built up its oval collection and is fast becoming a go to sim for those who enjoy America's finest form of open and closed wheel motorsport.

Take a look at the rFactor 2 sub forum for regular news updates and community led discussions on ISI's premium racing simulator. Take up the challenge and race against fellow RD community members in our rFactor 2 racing club and have a look through our rF2 mod library for a selection of the top quality user created content available in this sim.

Do you race Ovals in rF2? Like what you see? How do you think rF2 is progressing of late? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Deleted member 130869

Is rF2 becoming an American game ? ... why so much ovals ?
I personnaly don't give any **** to this oval things, as 99% of the non-american in this world ... i'm pissed off to pay every year for empty servers and unwanted tracks !

There has been noise on the community for quite a while that rF2 needed to offer support to North American racing, for the game to grow in adoption. Unbeknownst to the exact reason for the push in this content, some of the people that develop, contract or contribute with ISI at different capacities have been working on these semi-fictional/close approximation 3PA tracks to bolster the numbers of what's available. And ovals are seemingly easier than road courses or street circuits, which I sorely miss.

I'm so glad I got out and moved my sim racing somewhere else (namely to an European Developer). Still following the occasional heated debate on their forum where one user recently rightly said the only car released in the last year was the Howston Dissenter...

They can keep their Steam-Mandatory American Left-Turn racing sim for all I care, I'm just sorry for the time spent supporting them trough early release and lots of bugs - and angry that they drop these supporters and their wishes for a sellout.

I'm so glad I got out and moved my sim racing somewhere else (namely to an European Developer). Still following the occasional heated debate on their forum where one user recently rightly said the only car released in the last year was the Howston Dissenter...

They can keep their Steam-Mandatory American Left-Turn racing sim for all I care, I'm just sorry for the time spent supporting them trough early release and lots of bugs - and angry that they drop these supporters and their wishes for a sellout.

I guess it is not possible to please everyone. So if you are not into Oval stuff you got to check out more of the 3rd party stuff that has been released recently, also in decent quality. I find it a bit unfair to blame a developer, just because he does not focus on the content that you want to see, especialy if the content is for free. I am not a big oval fan myself especialy watching it on TV, but I like to take a spin once in a while and some of the ovals provide additional roadcourses or Karting tracks. And the Howsten Dissenter you mentioned has a oval config, so they are pretty much spot on to provide track content suitable for their cars. Next to the fact, that they released a couple of more cars during the last twelve months, I think that you are overreacting a bit. I don't go to Kunos or SMS forums und tell them that I would rather see some Americans tracks instead of modern F1 tracks. And this comes from someone from Europe. I personaly like American tracks much more, like Road America, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Lime Rock or Road Atlanta. The ovals are something special on their own though.

So you are angry that rF2 is going Steam-mandatory but you went playing another Steam-mandatory sim instead? :O_o: I kind of agree with the too much focus on oval tracks lately, but I never expected ISI to release a new car/track every month. rF2 was always a modding platform and a platform for leagues and there is already enough content to enjoy it for that purpose, way more ISI content than rF1 ever had.

So if you are not into Oval stuff you got to check out more of the 3rd party stuff that has been released recently, also in decent quality. I find it a bit unfair to blame a developer, just because he does not focus on the content that you want to see, especialy if the content is for free. I am not a big oval fan myself especialy watching it on TV, but I like to take a spin once in a while and some of the ovals provide additional roadcourses or Karting tracks. And the Howsten Dissenter you mentioned has a oval config, so they are pretty much spot on to provide track content suitable for their cars. Next to the fact, that they released a couple of more cars during the last twelve months, I think that you are overreacting a bit.

Which third-party stuff is there? To get international FIA Grade 1 tracks, everyone resorts to illegal Codemaster conversions. ISI only gives us three of those, so without illegal conversions there is nothing to have realistic F1 races for example.

That developer I blame had a list, very early on, of cars to be added, which included a lot of NON oval stuff, which is not materializing. No, there have not been any other cars released during the last twelve months, go check yourself on their forum.

They simply completely changed their roadmap, their team is busy helping with 3PA oval content recently, the rest of the team is busy porting the platform to Steam. What happened to the promises we early supporters got? Don't matter anymore, the money is in Steam userbase and American content it seems.

Not to mention y'all are missing that this is a THIRD PARTY AFFILIATE track. ISI's track team is showing the preview, but they're not the ones finishing the track.

Same as with Gasoline Alley mod they are investing time on 3PA content, means they are not investing that time on other content. If it had been a complete separate third party mod I wouldn't have responded here. The other thing is that "labelled" 3PA content automatically is forced download on Steam.

What I don't like is that the AI on oval feels bad, and no one seems to be interested in RF2 oval on simracingsystem or RD US (or probably RF2 road racing too). I'm not good at oval, but RF2 just doesn't give me any incentive at all to use it to practice oval racing (although I'm interested in it). I think maybe I still have to either install NR2003, or renew my iRacing membership.

Which third-party stuff is there? To get international FIA Grade 1 tracks, everyone resorts to illegal Codemaster conversions. ISI only gives us three of those, so without illegal conversions there is nothing to have realistic F1 races for example.

That developer I blame had a list, very early on, of cars to be added, which included a lot of NON oval stuff, which is not materializing. No, there have not been any other cars released during the last twelve months, go check yourself on their forum.

They simply completely changed their roadmap, their team is busy helping with 3PA oval content recently, the rest of the team is busy porting the platform to Steam. What happened to the promises we early supporters got? Don't matter anymore, the money is in Steam userbase and American content it seems.

I recommend you to take a look in the dev corner to check wich stuff got released and updated, not the forum. It is a nice mix of everything with a slight shift for oval racing, wich is natural as there were zero ovals besides Indy before the Stockcars were released. And even those have a road config that you can take to any roadcourse you like.

The list you are talking about is pretty much non existent. If you are refering to the renders with all the cars - the sole cars missing from that selection are the older Indy Cars (pre DW12) and the Panoz, wich was shown a few months ago. The Indy stuff like the Reynard, the March, the Watson Roadster or the Eagle are a mix aswell. Some of the next upcomming stuff are the GTR GT 500, the Daytona Prototype and the BT44b, which is accesible through steam as a dev blog item and Suzuka on the track side. From the 3rd party side you can get atleast 3 or 4 legal items, maybe some from the FSR guys and if you really want to have some decent quality the RaceFactor tracks, wich are well executed conversions. You won't get much more in AC or PC. But I guess all this doesn't matter when you are reluctant to listen.

Man rF2 has its flaws and ISI is not making the best decisions but to complain and say they are focusing too much on ovals when you have all that endurance support what makes rF2 pretty much the only of the recent sims to actually support it for real... some of you are drunk or just trolling

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%