rfactor 2 Modding how to?

Hello, i'am new on rFactor 2 and i like to know how i'am able to convert Grand Prix 4, rFactor Cars in rFactor 2 i saw a Video how to convert Tracks into rFactor but it's a bit to high Skill Level for me to do it.

May you can tell me a Way how to?

Or tell me how can i modify excesting Files like Cars, Sound, Textures in rFactor 2?

The video explains just the basics.

And as you can see the end result of a 1/1 conversion is not appealing to the eye.

3Dsimed is limited to what you can do. Some shaders in rF2 require vertex colors, UV mapping channels are different, mesh needs to updated to rF2.

Keep in mind that 3dsimed won't convert everything to your 3D modeling program. Smoothing and UV mapping channels are lost. So you'll need to redo them. It's much more easier if you can work with the original source files from the creator.

And don't forget to give credits to the original creator!!!

If you want to convert car to rf2 and you dont have the nessesary information of the car ( rotating mass, unsprung weights, cg postion) or the tyre, it would be best not to do the conversion. You would have to quess the values and it would not repricent the real world..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back