rFactor 2 (merged)

Well i hope they polish up the whole product as yes the mods are great but it just does not have the same polish as Simbin titles which i feel it lacks a lot behind to me.

Even GT Legends is more polished and that is an old title

An automatic Track/Car sharing client is a MUST in my opinion so the required files can be "pushed" to you if needed rather than you having to go hunting for updated versions etc.

An option within the host client to specify the location of the files or something similiar.

Aha !! That would be nice,just like in COD4

Yeh its good, but could be difficult because there are two scenarios for getting it to work:

1) A server with a very fast upload so it doesn't affect people already on the server. (Get a high ping because somebody is downloading the mod ingame).

2) Cap the servers upload speed - would mean that the person who is trying to download the mod could be waiting a long time.

Imo this wont be implemented due to these reasons.

Yeh its good, but could be difficult because there are two scenarios for getting it to work:

1) A server with a very fast upload so it doesn't affect people already on the server. (Get a high ping because somebody is downloading the mod ingame).

2) Cap the servers upload speed - would mean that the person who is trying to download the mod could be waiting a long time.

Imo this wont be implemented due to these reasons.

they should do it like ID did with the Quake III Arena engien there both ways work
you can redirect to a seperate sever just for filehosting or let it come from the gameserver it self for ppl without a seperate file server

An automatic Track/Car sharing client is a MUST in my opinion so the required files can be "pushed" to you if needed rather than you having to go hunting for updated versions etc.

An option within the host client to specify the location of the files or something similiar.

That is a top idea. I like RFactor but always get put off as you need to spend a couple of hours making sure you have got everything before you can start racing. Just the thing to do justive to some of the great mods out there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%