RFactor 2 keeps losing ffb

Wheel keeps losing ffb at the start of each session and if i go back to garage after being out on track the ffb is gone ? i have mapped a key to reset ffb, sometimes i have to press it once other times it can be like ten times. Anybody know howto fix this ? so annoying I`m using a TGT - II on windows 11.

One thing that just popped into my head, how many usb devices do you have plugged into your system and what is the wattage of your power supply? You could try unplugging any extra usb connections just to test if the problem either persists or vanishes.

One thing that just popped into my head, how many usb devices do you have plugged into your system and what is the wattage of your power supply? You could try unplugging any extra usb connections just to test if the problem either persists or vanishes.
Ah okay will try that. Power supply is 750 ,it only happens in RF2 though, ACC, AMS2 are fine.

Last edited:
Ah okay will try that. Power supply is 750 ,it only happens in RF2 though, ACC, AMS2 are fine.
2nd most repeated comment in all the trouble-shooting threads. Remember rF2 is running the physics at a very high hz which strains the cpu & can possibly increase the power it draws. It is just a possible avenue to explore.

What`s the first lol
I already un-installed and re-installed the game.
(Steam only removes the files it has control over so often when folks do the extremely time wasting process of un-installing, they leave behind the very files that MAY be causing the problems)
If you ever do want a completely clean redo of rF2, use Steam to un-install, then use WINDOWS EXPLORER to delete the folders left behind. Usually 'most' problems can be resolved by simply renaming the PLAYER folder and letting rF2 build a new clean folder next time you launch. Back up your controller files first so you don't have to re-make all your wheel pedal assignments.

I thought this was always a anomaly meaning you just can't replicate it verbatim.

I suffered this like I said in news thread with every wheel I had through Black Momo to CSW , actually can't recall CSL DD I have to test when I get pedals back.
Never busted a plastic Momo till rF2 lol ( wrecked about 6 in a year 60+hours a week, all replaced under warranty ) awesome immersion for a crude wheel and pedals I could feel every little slide and lockup.

Anyhow FFB loss I had 300+ driving F3 ( lower stress car) in my room F3-Rookies.
I would say maybe 1 in 10 ever mentioned this problem.
There was no pre-requisite it just happened in different situations.
Long session, fading FFB, sudden violent steering wheel inputs, spiking, high impact collisions, just sitting in pits.

Seems to me it's a mix of things. rF2 has this aversion to slowing to a crawl when you do certain things with a lot of content. Make a big rfmod with say 40 tracks and all GT3. Now when you click install in MAS2 or refresh Mod Manager and click there it is instant.
Now trying uninstalling it in either mod manager or Mas2 and it will choke.
Same happens with swapping big series in game. It is like it is running the same info checks every time that it should be keeping in cache.

Another example is go and try resaving/updating a replay 4-6 hours + Then try loading it again you can go and have lunch while you wait, again like it is analyzing reading I don't know all this replay info again before it can load.

Another instance is the longer room is up the slower it is shutting down.

I have Master X570 and 32GB samsung b die and 980Pro for rFactor2.
Every other sim runs as you would expect in all the above situations.

P.S. Biggest difference I saw was through lowering FFB , smooth steering, don't hit anything lol

Last edited:
Wheel keeps losing ffb at the start of each session and if i go back to garage after being out on track the ffb is gone ? i have mapped a key to reset ffb, sometimes i have to press it once other times it can be like ten times. Anybody know howto fix this ? so annoying I`m using a TGT - II on windows 11.
I get this same problem with my T300. Recently started driving again, never used to get it in the past.

I think its a common rfactor 2 problem. I've had it years ago on a logi g27. I don't play the game anymore but have tried again in the past with a simucube 2 and if memory serves me right it happen once with this wheel. An issue that has never been resolved for me.

There is a button you can assign to reset FFB,
In the Settings, choose the Assign controls, then the Helmet icon. reset FFB will be at the top of the right hand column. When I used to have issues, I got in the habit of pressing the key after any trip to the pits or garages. Doesn't always help with wheels like Fanatec that get fuzzy after repeated trips to the garage.

My 2 cents but I think the problem is exactly the same as the one encountered with GTR2.
RF2 surely has problem when there are more than 2 controllers plugged in.

With a Thrustmaster wheel ( mine is a TS-XW ) most of Thrustmaster users have a separated pedals set of another make ( Fanatec, Heusinkveld or ???? ) and regularly a H-Shifter mostly plugged in PC and not on the wheel ( H-Shifter TH8 only works that way on PC ).

The reason why I'm now reacting is only the fact that after some years ( and mostly after the announcement of Le Mans Ultimate on RF2 base ! ;) ) I decided to update and rediscover RF2.
Of course the same problem as mentioned here is the reason why I was searching a solution other than a FFB reset ( same as ALT-F for GTR2 but there the H-Shifter may also not respond for unknown reason ...maybe it will also happen later with RF2 ?? ).

For now only a FFB reset seems to be the only solution, I understood ? .... so what's already foreseen in RF2 for this FFB Reset command ? Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

NB GTR2 - RF2: common factor: ISI motor game engine ... the only 2 where the problem happens in my case ( not AC - ACC -RRE - AMS2 etc ... )

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea