1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured rFactor 2: Jacksonville Dev Preview Video

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ryan Ogurek, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

The developers at Image Space Incorporated have released a video preview of the coming Jacksonville Speedway, which is an oval track suited for stock car racing.

This track will be released alongside the stock cars, which "require quite a few code changes to properly simulate," so the order and date of their release is unknown.

rFactor 2 has some great new content coming, which should make rFactor 2 a very complete and well rounded sim. Along with great mods, this sim is sure to have something for every sim racer.

Join the discussion in our dedicated rFactor 2 forum, check out awesome screenshots and videos in our rF2 gallery, get racing in our rF2 Racing Club and Leagues and make your game even more awesome with some rFactor 2 mods!

• Like Like x 5
  2. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

What's wrong all you Europeans, mixed feelings about Nascar and RF2? :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  3. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Definetely not. Before the Indy/Indy release I thought oval racing is easy, booring, stupid whatever, but running the Indycar at IMS is such a blast and overtaking hat 360kph is just mental. I am looking forward to it. Would love to get an ISI V8 Supercar as well.
    I don't know which track Jacksonville is presenting, but would be nice to get the 24h Daytona track some time in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Finally a comment, LOL. I am with ya. All kinds of possibilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Nascar at Zolder (Belgium/Europe): the sound... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Nascar at Spa...

That's pretty Awesome ... Mennn... :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Well, this is meant to be Daytona :)
    On the oval thing, I got caught by the "oval side" back in the days of Zanardi and Max Papis :) but at that time there were no-one that put the race on TV here in Italy, except for the Indy 500 that was on TMC and some other "race re-cap" from CART, and I was a really young boy so no dish tv. Then rFactor and, mostly, iRacing make me understand better what the oval racing was: not just left turn, but to manage a car going into a turn at 270km/h while defending your position or trying to attack, managing fuel, tyres and slide :)
    It's totally different from the "road side" but it provide great races, great fun.
    I am mostly looking to this release to understand better the "multi-groove" racing of NASCAR, because I always hear it on the race comments.
    Also, Dayt....heeem.... Jacksonville with his road course will be a blast with the EGT mod and, hopefully, a good Daytona Prototybe will came out

8. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Daytone roadcourse would be great. It looks a bit booring first, but I drove a non official conversion of Daytona with the Lola LMP1 and that was a blast :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yup, I had plenty of races on Daytona RC over I racing... It's really a good track for endurance racing. If you just hotlap then it's pretty boring but the races with a Ford GT was always great... Fighting for position while you have to manage traffic, Prototypes that divebomb you over the bus stop :) trying to not loose time... Really, it's a wonderful track for MultiClass racing