rFactor 2: ISI Formula Masters 1.6 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
isifm4.jpg

Hard at work on the build up to the Christmas holidays, Image Space Incorporated have again released an update to some much loved older content, this time bringing the FISI 2012 open wheel formula car to version 1.6.

Adding limited tweaks to the visual aspects of the cars, most of this 108mb update consists of enhancements to the core physics and tyres of the vehicle, including tyres upgrades to CPM standards as well as wet tyre improvements.

Bringing the car in line with later ISI releases, chassis flex has also been implemented and should make a reasonably large improvement to the way the car behaves on track, as well as the requirement for those familiar with the vehicle think again about any historic setup solutions that may have been used in the past.

The update is available to download via the Steam Worksop or for those not currently using the Steam version of the game, download links can be found directly on the ISI website.

The full changelog can be found below:
  • Tyre Tweaks.
  • AI cut corners less.
  • Downforce slightly increased (about 3+%).
  • Faster pit times for tyre changes.
  • Reduced max toe angles.
  • Minor setup tweaks.
  • Minor chassis tweaks, including better unsprung masses.
  • New steering system.
  • Recalculated brake system, including reduced brake bias adjustability range.
  • .75kg fuel steps now (near enough to 1L)
  • Removed redundant class filter from .veh files “ISI_FM02”
  • Tyres updated to use CPM, including wet tyre improvements.
  • Moved to Ultrachassis (which includes proper working chassis flex, DOF improvements, additional compliance’s, and quicker (more direct) steering).
  • AI correlation tweaks.
  • Placed pushrods near upright to decrease inaccurate ‘degressive rates’.
  • Tiny Aero tweaks. Including very slight reduction to turbulent air.
  • Latest sound attenuation tweaks.
  • Slight optimization to LOD distances.
  • Some additional newer tracks added to trackconfigs.ini

Have you noticed an improvement in how the latest version of the car behaves? Perhaps you have found/lost some laptime with the new version? Let us know in the comments section below!

isifm1.jpg isifm2.jpg isifm3.jpg isifm5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I'm making a skinpack for these to add 8 more teams (real life ones + ISI), and a reskin of the Ferrari which is abysmal. It is much improved though the tires could have done with more testing as the temperatures still don't behave the best.

• Deleted member 130869

I'm not happy with the old helmet template being kept, I have made basic helmets but am not sure I should include them. I could do cars and suits, no helmets, although that would mean every team uses the same 2 standard helmets.

Who can give me some help with FISI forcefeedback, I've tried all I can with FFB so far and just can't seem to find any feel at all with these, I use a Logitech G25 which is absolutly fine with other ISI car's like Renault 3.5 or ASR mod which Presto currantly uses.

The feel is there in most of the high speed stuff, I can also feel all the bumps in the road, but I can't feel anything from wheelspin or of the rear end break's away, right now I'm having to rely on sound and visual to tell when the rear is breaking loose, from wheelspin I would expect some judder through the wheel at least and it going light when the rear's lose grip in corners but it's just not there.

So far I've tried messing with Logi profiler, adding overall strength, also tried using at universally recommended (100/0/0), ingame I've saved my ASR profile and defaulted the controller file but still 0 feel from the things I mentioned, I've tried lowering multi and filter which make's it like constantly driving on ice at the moment which isn't enjoyable, I've also tried multi as high as 2.5 and although it make's the wheel heavier it still doesn't give what I feel I'm missing.

any tip's would be appreciated :), I want to like the cars but the FFB is holding me back right now.

Hi Dave. Sorry, I dont have an answer to your queries but rather I have a question which pertains to a lack of any judder through my G27 on a wheel spin with any of the cars, not only the FISIs. Is there anything that you have specifically done to achieve this? I have my profiler at 100/0/0 and in game smoothing at 0, FFB min (STM previously) at 0 and FFB strength variable depending on the car. Thanks.

I don't remember saying I had achieved it with any car but with other cars I can feel in the steering when I wheelspin and the rear end goes, right now it's light all the time, there's no feeling at all expect through sound that the car is wheelspinning, your in gear, your revving the lights on dash are bouncing off the top but there's nothing through the wheel, if it wheelspins enough to kick the rear out then I get thrown whatever way with no warning through the steering, when I say judder with wheelspin I just mean something like if I went out and lit the rears up in my own car the steering wouldnt be dead I'd feel it trying to push me this way and that until the rear gained grip though not a direct feel from the rear tyres if you get what I mean.

from wheelspin I would expect some judder through the wheel at least and it going light when the rear's lose grip in corners but it's just not there.

This is what made me think you were getting some kind of judder from other cars. As far as I remember, I am able to make corrections on oversteer or wheel spin but I have been away from my rig for quite a bit of time to say what it is that causes me to. Thanks for your reply nonetheless.

hi to all ...i need some help with isi 2015 1.6 am having prob with brakes after about 5 laps my front brakes shatter ...am running default brake bias ..and 10 on the ducting to keep cool.. but still have the prob .what am i doing wrong... ps i make sure my foot is not on the pedal until i need to brake

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back