rFactor 2 is coming to Steam, Stock Cars out this weekend

Image Space Incorporated have just announced that their PC simulator rFactor 2 will be coming to Steam in the near future.

The team's flagship racing sim will be joining rFactor 1 on Valve's popular digital store soon, even though there's no further details or a release date for now.

ISI is putting rFactor 2 on Steam to make the game more accessible to an ever-growing user base. A launch trailer has been created for the purpose, and it contains a sneak peek of the much anticipated Stock Cars, which will please the oval racing crowd on RaceDepartment. Get ready to make lots of turns soon!

The Stock Cars are going to be available this weekend! For our early impressions on the Stock Cars, check out our review of rFactor 2.

Are you going to switch your rFactor 2 copy to Steam? Let us know in the comments!

The only real problems with the current demo are.

1) Shortcut in start menu pointing to the wrong startup folder.
2) AC Cobra as default player car.
3) Multi-class AI opponents including Karts selected by default.
4) Kart track selected by default while player and AI cars are selected by default.
5) The track might be too unfamiliar and challenging for a demo.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the UI however.
Nice totally gonna try Karts with some MX5's or something similar, never thought of doing it, probably end up with a virtual sim death for someone.

Damn great news.

I'm a Steam user, and basically what's not in Steam will not be played by me.
I know i can put non-steam games in my library, but the auto-updating, Steamworks and alike are simply too convinient for me.

Will get it for sure now as it hits Steam.

WOOP WOOP! Great news - been waiting for this since the initial announcement of rF1 coming to Steam; it was only a matter of time I guess. Hopefully this will result in a larger user base, and ultimately an increase in the size of the RD rF2 club.

Be sure to look out for some exciting events this coming week following the imminent release of the stock cars! :thumbsup: For more information be sure to regularly check out the club section here. :D

Last edited:
WOOP WOOP! Great news, and hopefully this will also result in a larger user base and an increase in the size of the rF2 club.

Be sure to look out for some exciting events this coming week following the imminent release of the stock cars! :thumbsup: For more information be sure to regularly check out the club section here. :D
Dont forget to mention the Bathurst GT3 race this evening :D

Something else to note, we shall be running two prize give-aways for all events next week! The first 10 drivers to sign-up for and attend each of the club events will be entered into a draw, with the selected driver winning one year's free Premium membership. Also, the winner of each race will win one month's free Premium member. So to be in with a chance of winning be sure to sign-up now! ;)

Not sure why a few thought it was well overdue for rF2 to come to Steam, considering it is only now becoming a complete game (post 998 build). It would only seem logical that the timing is right. Nonetheless, scratch me up as another Steam user that's happy to see this news come about. :)

Also, for what it's worth. rF1 was listed at $24.99 USD yesterday for those wondering.

Good news but not a real surprize they gave their plans away when RF1 came out on Steam & with the fact that all their major rivals are already using Steam ISI had little choice , or get left behind.

Think they used RF1 steam version to buy them time to add more content & to make it better for the Steam platform , all of us on Steam just no how bad it can get if you fall short of what most of the players there want .
Most are not sim players & they have given several other sims a good flaming in the past.
For me its good its esayer to buy stuff through steam I use the Steam cards of Credit cards these days.

I get to have all my sims in one place . so this is good .

Also this is going to heat up the battle between all this sim games been in the same place.
Going to be a golden ages for racing sims I think on the PC.

I thought everyone outside of the United States hated oval racing. Maybe that's just an unfair stereotype but it seems Europeans are particularly vocal on the internet about their hate of oval racing. Hell, I live in the US and I hate oval racing so go figure.

hello, this is a very important news, we know the rfactor2 brand and by being on steam it may increase its value and improve, not only this specific product, also the competition among all the titles.
in coclusion, as user, i am confident for the future of rf2, just keep on movin' with no rush
directx 12 would be a great addition
cheers

What settings are you specifically referring to? rF2 runs pretty well with out of box settings, many other sims you need to tweak the FFB etc. rF2 has one simple options menu with most things already correct at default, I'm not sure if you can honestly expect a proper sim to be much easier to set up.

It was the FFB settings actually, I think I've gotten too used to how easy Reiza made things for me, and with only an hour to play, tweaking and adjusting the default wasn't what I wanted to do at the time, and the default felt very limp and knotchy for the car.

I guestimated a few things for my G27 and just dove-in after, it was better, but I fear I'll have to refine things even further, and find a more familiar track, before I get it to come alive for me.

Maybe I'm just lazy but I will gladly transfer to Steam to make the updates easy and also easier for a casual foray into RF2 when I'm just looking for something different. Much better to have all of my racing games update automatically and have them in one place. That is what happens when life fills up with so many other things and sim driving is something you can only do now and then!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%