rFactor 2 is coming to Steam, Stock Cars out this weekend

Image Space Incorporated have just announced that their PC simulator rFactor 2 will be coming to Steam in the near future.

The team's flagship racing sim will be joining rFactor 1 on Valve's popular digital store soon, even though there's no further details or a release date for now.

ISI is putting rFactor 2 on Steam to make the game more accessible to an ever-growing user base. A launch trailer has been created for the purpose, and it contains a sneak peek of the much anticipated Stock Cars, which will please the oval racing crowd on RaceDepartment. Get ready to make lots of turns soon!

The Stock Cars are going to be available this weekend! For our early impressions on the Stock Cars, check out our review of rFactor 2.

Are you going to switch your rFactor 2 copy to Steam? Let us know in the comments!

I hope they don't charge online as extra payment. They might do it as to keep the current users happy who paid for online subscription in the current non-steam format, but those users should be rewarded in some way, and let online be free for everyone. Otherwise the game won't evolve with restricted online access.

This is great news and a great move.

I hope we can still maintain our current non-Steam versions and that they will have offline installers as currently. I'm doing 3 leagues at the moment and none are using the same build due to various issues each one is encountering with the latest or second latest builds.

I hope they don't charge online as extra payment. They might do it as to keep the current users happy who paid for online subscription in the current non-steam format, but those users should be rewarded in some way, and let online be free for everyone. Otherwise the game won't evolve with restricted online access.
This!
They should go for DLC model but without making the prices for future updates too expensive. Give members that already have lifetime membership full access without needing to pay for extra DLC and change the current stuff. Like pay $80 for the full thing, $40 for the "not so full thing" :D and sell DLC like everyone else (And make online services free)
I believe way too many people think this model works better or end up being cheaper than paying $80 so go for it.
They should make something that you pay now $40 but sooner or later you end up paying $80 during the years of DLC release :p
I'm not a big fan of this but if it end up bringing more and more people to rF2 I'm all for it.

• Deleted member 205301

Don't see why not. iRacing is on Steam but still allows you to play the 'old fashioned' way if you so desire.
hum...in fact, the "old fashioned way" is the only way to play iracing, there is absolutely no implementation...hope it'll be diferent for rf2...

I just bought rFactor 2 two days ago and so far it's great. I do hope I can get a Steam redeemable key to add it my collection without purchasing it again, however.

I can't make any official statements yet, but it is pretty likely that there will be a way to convert your current license into a Steam license (like there was a similar offer when rFactor 1 was released on Steam).

Ironically, I just downloaded the demo-version a day ago. :confused:

I wanted to try out the Formula Renault 3.5 2014 content, and I only had an hour to throw at it, most of which was either A.) spent figuring out the menu/settings/etc, or B.) Learning the AMP track included in the demo...
It made me appreciate how simple Reiza Studios have made setting up SCE, but overall I was left feeling mixed from my 1 hour with rF2 - Yes the physics ARE there (even down to the tires), but god-bleep-:mad: I forgot how much I hate setting things up in-game from scratch.

If it comes to Steam with a fair price, I will consider throwing more time into the demo to get a better experience, and then investing if the experience looks promising, in the meantime, AC fills my Formula Renault 3.5 itch thanks to Virtua Simulazioni :roflmao:

It made me appreciate how simple Reiza Studios have made setting up SCE, but overall I was left feeling mixed from my 1 hour with rF2 - Yes the physics ARE there (even down to the tires), but god-bleep-:mad: I forgot how much I hate setting things up in-game from scratch.

What settings are you specifically referring to? rF2 runs pretty well with out of box settings, many other sims you need to tweak the FFB etc. rF2 has one simple options menu with most things already correct at default, I'm not sure if you can honestly expect a proper sim to be much easier to set up.

I wanted to try out the Formula Renault 3.5 2014 content, and I only had an hour to throw at it, most of which was either A.) spent figuring out the menu/settings/etc, or B.) Learning the AMP track included in the demo...
The only real problems with the current demo are.

1) Shortcut in start menu pointing to the wrong startup folder.
2) AC Cobra as default player car.
3) Multi-class AI opponents including Karts selected by default.
4) Kart track selected by default while player and AI cars are selected by default.
5) The track might be too unfamiliar and challenging for a demo.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the UI however.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%