rFactor 2: GT cars updated

rf2_gtmix_racinghard.jpg

Image Space Incorporated have announced updates for their GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 category cars in rFactor 2.

These updates affect the Nissan GT-R GT1 (v1.47), Nissan 370z GT4 (v1.47), Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (v1.49) and Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 (v1.49).

You can download the updated cars from rFactor's download page. Check out the full change log below:

Nissan GT-R GT1 (v1.47)
  • Chassis flex implemented and new steering parameters.
  • CG increased.
  • Downforce reduction and slightly less yaw stable.
  • Slightly less downforce sensitive in slip-stream.
  • Updated to use new tyre mass method and slightly more accurate unsprung masses used.
  • Some tyre tweaks, mostly, but not limited to wear, load sensitivity as well as grip correction for wet conditions.
  • Automatic shift aid works a little better (less reluctantly).
  • You now also have to blip on down-shifts as per the real car.
  • Minor AI tweaks.
  • Additional radiator setting to prevent overheating in high ambient temperatures.
  • ‘Central’ TVCockpit / bonnet camera.
  • Tweaked headlight parameters should improve night racing.
  • Now using newer sound attenuation parameters.
  • LOD distance tweaks
  • Updated to latest shader settings
  • New driver helmet
  • Additional teams / liveries added
  • Rim Blur added.
  • *There are additional minor undocumented changes.

Nissan 370z GT4 (v1.47)
  • 2 versions now available, European and Dutch, which more closely match rules from specific series.
  • Chassis flex implemented and new steering system.
  • Suspension and steering geometry revisions, that more closely resembles the real car (steering has an increase in ackermann).
  • Caster range reduced.
  • Slightly stronger suspension.
  • CG increased, further forward and more laterally offset.
  • Slight downforce reduction.
  • Slightly less downforce sensitive in slip-stream.
  • Minor setup tweaks.
  • Gear ratios replaced.
  • Brake system completely recalculated.
  • Updated to use new tyre mass method and slightly more accurate unsprung masses used.
  • Some tyre tweaks, mostly, but not limited to wear, load sensitivity as well as grip correction for wet conditions.
  • Minor AI tweaks.
  • ‘Central’ TVCockpit / bonnet camera.
  • Tweaked headlight parameters should improve night racing.
  • Now using newer sound attenuation parameters.
  • New driver helmet
  • Rim blur added.
  • New team liveries added.
  • Fixed reversed / mirrored logo on the side.
  • Fixed wheel shadow height.
  • *As usual there are some small additional undocumented changes.
  • **Previous setups will likely be obsolete, but the car should no longer have major revisions in the future as data is more complete.

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (v1.49)
  • CG raised
  • Minor setup tweak
  • Slight downforce reduction and drag increased.
  • Minor AI tweaks.
  • Small engine torque correction.
  • Slight increase in shift duration, ignition cuts more correctly on upshifts also.
  • Slight damage tweak (suspension a tiny bit stronger).
  • Wheel / brake shadowing issue resolved
  • New driver helmet

Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 (v1.49)
  • Weight distribution adjusted.
  • Force upshift ignition cut.
  • More accurate steering range and lock including new variable steering ratio system.
  • Slight geometry tweak.
  • 2009 & 2010 spec engines available.
  • Reduction in overall downforce level and slight increase in yaw sensitivity.
  • Small AI tweaks.
  • Slight damage tweak.
  • Updated shader settings
  • Fixed the rear diffuser shape
  • Now using latest driver helmet
  • Rim blur was added
  • *There are additional small undocumented fixes not noted in logs.

I have not yet had a chance to drive them.
Are the new cars easier to 'catch' during over-steer moments with stock setups?
That has been one of my points of contention with most RF2 cars (once the back end starts to rotate it is almost impossible to correct it).
That's one area where AC and...dare I say it, even PCARS are more in step.
Everything else in RF2 is fine. That bit always needed some attention.
It's hard to think four small patches of rubber can be so forgiving on a real track...but they are.
Hopefully it's better with these new cars as of the two conditions I prefer over-steer.
I've corrected lots of it over the years in some very powerful machinery.
The biggest at the hand of my brother's 965 years ago.
Having spent most of my life driving rear-engine cars until 1991 it is quite manageable.

Last edited:
I have not yet had a chance to drive them.
Are the new cars easier to 'catch' during over-steer moments with stock setups?
That has been one of my points of contention with most RF2 cars (once the back end starts to rotate it is almost impossible to correct it).
That's one area where AC and...dare I say it, even PCARS are more in step.
Everything else in RF2 is fine. That bit always needed some attention.
It's hard to think four small patches of rubber can be so forgiving on a real track...but they are.
Hopefully it's better with these new cars as of the two conditions I prefer over-steer.
I've corrected lots of it over the years in some very powerful machinery.
The biggest at the hand of my brother's 965 years ago.
Having spent most of my life driving rear-engine cars until 1991 it is quite manageable.
It is a lot easier. The cars arent easy, but very catchable. I think I did around 40 Laps with the new GT1, GT2 and GT3 and I never lost the rear once on exit when I was on the track :D

It is really big update. The default setup on the Corvette isn't great. The GTR one felt much better compared to the Corvette.
In the Corvette it depends on the engine as well. With the high torque 2009 engine it is harder to control the rear. With the more high reving 2010 engine it is a lot easier.

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
I gotta laugh, I spent a few hours driving this new update and was just chuckling at how much of a change it is. ISI is about as low keyed as you can get when it comes to updates. They have completely changed these how these cars feel. The force feed back range where I used to run them at .75 now I can run them at 2 or 2.2 with my dfgt and the FFB is just amazing. I mean i can really feel the suspension and the road. I have just settled into the fact that this is a long term project and they are going to let the community do the talking. I think it is probably the benchmark for physics and eventually will be recognized as such. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000