• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
  3. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

rfactor 2 disconnecting

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Ford, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,680
    hi all. i occasionally race in race 07 events and rfactor 2 events. once in a while, i go on iracing and f1 2012. i never have any disconnects and my internet is stable if not spectacular - except on rfactor 2.
    recently i experience no problems on rfactor 2 practise server or quali with RD guys. it's always within first 5 laps of race i disconnect. i'm not suggesting its the RD server. COuld it be something to do with the game? has anyone else experienced this? any solutions or ideas to solve it please?
    i do use wireless connection through usb - but as i say, not problems with other games.

2. Chris Partridge

Chris Partridge

Ratings:
    +154
    I think more tweaks are needed to the MP code to make it more stable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Craig Booth

Craig Booth

Ratings:
    +190
    Do you just get kicked out of the lobby or does the sim close down. I have been having the latter happen to me quite often since build 156. Some people suggest it may be plugin related or mod tracks that start with a numerical figure, like 1970s glen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,680
    just kicked out of the lobby and back to server list. then i tried to reconnect and it keeped saying "server connection failed".

was fine in the race afterwards. i couldn't commit to regular competition for fear of being disconnected.

5. Craig Booth

Craig Booth

Ratings:
    +190
    Not had that myself. You might want to head over to the ISI forums, s if you get any advice there.

• Like Like x 1