1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor 2 (Build 90) Released!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ivo Simons, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Build notes:
    UPDATE 5 Changelog (June 14, 2012):
    ======================================

GRAPHICS:
    ---------------------------

Re-enabled HDR profiles for new .hdp files
    Added bloom post effect
    Further improvements to bloom post fx
    Updated some polygon attribs to conform to API change
    Shadow tuning
    Set some shadow defaults
    Tied haze density to fog density
    Now adjusting air mass density for sky graphics
    New base turbidity because of air mass density change

GAMEPLAY:
    ----------------------------
    Added safetycar components
    New internal combustion engine code work-in-progress
    Added effect on torque from fuel-air mixture (not garage-configurable yet, but running out of fuel now works as it should)
    Fixed running out of fuel with new engine code.
    Allowed "NonRaceStartSector=1" GDB entry for tracks where the pitlane is between sector checkpoints 1 & 2.

AI:
    Removed forcing lanes on restart phase for AI.
    improvements on AI cars detecting his and other's relative motion along the line perpendicular to his current driving line.

UI:
    vehicle & track lists working as an alternative to the spinner gizmo
    made options remember last car/track list/spinner state.

BUG FIXES:
    Fixed crash that would sometimes happen when picking all cars & track mod
    Made RFM/GDB entry "SafetyCarAvailable" work (again).

MULTIPLAYER:
    Fixed server details sharing
    Fixed mod downloading. LAN download was always set to true.

FUNCTIONAL ADDITIONS:
    Added check for dedicated server that downloadable mod is below the allowable threshold BEFORE declaring the mod available for download (to hopefully reduce instances of unexplained errors on clients)
    Added PLR file option "Partial Cockpit View" if you only need wheels or wheels+suspension in your cockpit view.

MOD MODE/PACKAGING
    added a check for autogeneration teleport locations that the waypoint to start from is valid.
    Enabled Ctrl-V in public dev build to view input & FFB graph. Also fixed a few compiler warnings.

2. This time I'm gonna try it via ingame dl....b85-b90.

3. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

New track Brianza! :)

Also an update for the classic cars. :)

4. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I had an error when running the update that I opted to skip. Stuff still seemed to install okay. Still no mirrors for classic open wheelers.:(

I updated from 85-90. Maybe I should install 90 complete

5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

i couldn't update te classic cars to version 1.1 .Maybe I also do a clean install...

Edit:

aftr redownloading the mod Iwas able to update it. The fps seems to have dropped with this build.

6. We have a thread for Build 85 that everyone's using for Build 90 stuff, ABANDON THAT SHIP! This is the thread for Build 90 talk.

Released Friday June 15

• Like Like x 1
  7. UPDATE 5 Changelog (June 14, 2012):
    ======================================

GRAPHICS:
    ---------------------------

Re-enabled HDR profiles for new .hdp files
    Added bloom post effect
    Further improvements to bloom post fx
    Updated some polygon attribs to conform to API change
    Shadow tuning
    Set some shadow defaults
    Tied haze density to fog density
    Now adjusting air mass density for sky graphics
    New base turbidity because of air mass density change

GAMEPLAY:
    Added safetycar components
    New internal combustion engine code work-in-progress
    Added effect on torque from fuel-air mixture (not garage-configurable yet, but running out of fuel now works as it should)
    Fixed running out of fuel with new engine code.
    Allowed "NonRaceStartSector=1" GDB entry for tracks where the pitlane is between sector checkpoints 1 & 2.

AI:
    Removed forcing lanes on restart phase for AI.
    improvements on AI cars detecting his and other's relative motion along the line perpendicular to his current driving line.

UI:
    vehicle & track lists working as an alternative to the spinner gizmo
    made options remember last car/track list/spinner state.

BUG FIXES:
    Fixed crash that would sometimes happen when picking all cars & track mod
    Made RFM/GDB entry "SafetyCarAvailable" work (again).

MULTIPLAYER:
    Fixed server details sharing
    Fixed mod downloading. LAN download was always set to true.

FUNCTIONAL ADDITIONS:
    Added check for dedicated server that downloadable mod is below the allowable threshold BEFORE declaring the mod available for download (to hopefully reduce instances of unexplained errors on clients)
    Added PLR file option "Partial Cockpit View" if you only need wheels or wheels+suspension in your cockpit view.

MOD MODE/PACKAGING
    added a check for autogeneration teleport locations that the waypoint to start from is valid.
    Enabled Ctrl-V in public dev build to view input & FFB graph. Also fixed a few compiler warnings.

8. tjc

tjc

9. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

The Brabham makes up for a lot for me. This is how a cockpit driver needs his office to look. Much closer anyway. Even got wing mirrors. We need more F1 in the racing club. It's just a matter of getting to grips with them and what better track than Brianza,

• Like Like x 1
  10. tjc

tjc

+1

:)

11. tjc

tjc

Liking the new build and updates but only done a very small bit of testing so far...

Pitty the blacked out mirror bug for the Eve`s etc hasn`t been sorted up but the new BT20 is pretty good to drive and does have working mirrors. :)

Only managed a lap and a half but liking Brianza too... :)

12. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

Any HTTP links? :)

13. I used the 85 -> 90 update, and the Classic F1 and Brianza updates. All ran very smoothly and works, including the "bugs" noted elsewhere (mirrors, BT20 water gauge, frame rate hit, etc.). I'm running NVidia 560, and it also loses 10% to 20% frame rate with 10 AI. All previous mods, including all the ones from RD seems to be working fine, though I haven't tested all of them. I didn't uninstall and re-install; I just ran the 85 - 90 updater, ran the F1 updater, and installed the track.

14. yer...fps drop for me too..realy **** tbh..and have someone also the problem that when u drive the nissans and have sequential **** i cant get into reverse gear from 1st..only from start when "N" is in...when i shift into 1st i cant shift down in N or R .....

15. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

HUGE FPS drop here. Lost 50% compared to last patch? :(

16. Bind your clutch to a key.
    Driving a new Brabhams will give me a framerate drop but other cars are fine frame rate wise.

17. tjc

tjc

I`ve just noticed that when driving the Eve`s etc with the BT20 the Eve`s etc have working mirrors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was offline at Old Monza in the rain and decided to watch a replay and flick to the other cars and low and behold the other 60`s cars have working mirrors. :D

Don`t know what this tells us about the bug but it`s good to see the Eve`s etc with working mirrors. :)

18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I am not sure, but it seems the issue is fixed with the update to 1.1. I believe I had a working mirror yesterday as well, when testing the server for tonights race. Not 100% sure though.

19. tjc

tjc

In my experience Marco the 60`s 1.1 update hasn`t sorted the problem of the blacked out mirror`s as whenever you drive the Eve`s etc by themselves, offline, the blacked out mirror`s are there. It`s only when I was driving with the BT20 and the Eve`s etc that I noticed the working mirrors. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.