rFactor 2: Build 770 Now Available!

Formula 3_5.jpg

Image Space Incorporated released a new build of rFactor 2 adding more features and improvements to the popular PC racing simulator.

Highlights of this build are improved memory usage in 32bit. The RealRoad received some major tweaks and is no longer accelerated (unless you want it to be). Flag rules without disqualification as an option. Lots of AI improvements. New matchmaker technology in the back end. Enhanced plugin reporting. Modding tool changes, and various fixes and tweaks.

Of course a new demo exe is available as well. Plus the experimental 64bit exes are available to openly test.

Find the full changelog and download link below.

GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed sun block bug which caused inconsistent occluder values.
  • Fixed a bug where HUD textures refuse to load.
FEATURES:
  • Experimental 64 Bit builds added. Manual rename of 64 bit executables to 32 bit names required so the launcher can successfully start 64 bit executables.
  • Upgraded to latest version (9.3k) of Miles Sound System.
  • Updated projects to latest OpenSSL (1.0.1h)
  • Support added for gear-specific rev limit offsets.
  • Added additional Flag Rules option “Full w/o DQ”.
  • Eliminated race condition that could cause race rejoin to fail.
  • Added RealRoad timescale multiplier to control how fast the dynamic road changes conditions.
  • Added the ability to control vehicle- and tire-specific effects on RealRoad.
BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
  • Optimized memory usage.
  • Fixed thread safety issue that could produce crash when crossing finish line while recording a best path.
  • Fixed a problem where remote vehicles might appear to have brakes on all the time (and no steering, either) while viewing from the monitor.
  • Fixed issue where leftover RealRoad events could be applied in the wrong session.
  • Fixed inconsistent writing of config.ini if installed to write-restricted path.
  • Improved collision with temp cars.
  • Fix reporting of anti-stall to plugins.
  • Potential fix for exiting game while skin transfer is unfinished.
  • Needing to update car components will not overwrite any existing parameters from talent/vehicle rcd files. Will only add unique parameters.
  • Fix problem where you sometimes get a brief blast of vehicles sounds on subsequent track loads.
  • Fixed issue if server was password protected it would not verify server content was installed on client.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
  • Added OpenMP to Mod Mode and Dev builds (improves speed of TTool).
  • Added a dev mode AIW editor options to move selected waypoint’s selected path so that the next waypoint (or previous) matches the speed of the waypoint 2 spaces in front (or behind).
  • Corrected problem where +ptool and +ttool wouldn’t start up properly when using SDK.
  • Attempt to use AVX (if available) in 64-bit TTool.
  • Fixed double screenshots in TTool.
  • Plugins will need to be built in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Please add “_x64″ to the names of the 64-bit version for easier identification, otherwise anybody with a 32-bit version of Windows will get an annoying popup.
  • Made plugin functions RenderScreenBeforeOverlays() and RenderScreenAfterOverlays() always work in the UI, so that plugins can identify the options page.
UI / HUD / Options:
  • Added new gizmo action to clear multiplayer password.
  • Possible fix for HUDs picking up & using unrelated but identically named assets.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Sync up RealRoad on new clients at an accelerated pace.
  • Changed upload/download speed variable so that higher rates could be set in the dedicated server.
  • Initialize newly-joined clients to a basic RealRoad value such that they can’t gain an advantage over other clients.
  • Fixed multiple players in dedicated server startup dialog.
CONTROLLERS / FFB
  • Fix controller auto-detect on first startup. Hopefully without causing that no-keyboard problem on Win8 whose fix broke this.
  • Output FFB value to plugins even if no FFB devices are detected.
AI
  • Added checks to be sure only real AIs can talk and request pits.
  • Improvements to superspeedway AI.
  • Added AI control to PhysicsOptionsV01 in plugin interface.
  • Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without.
  • Fixed AI cars swerving on formation lap skip and transition from formation lap to race.
  • Removed unnecessary AI braking prediction that had them tapping the brakes needlessly.
  • Reset “add AI” menu when leaving page
Download the new build here.

hi Mike

2560x1600 resolution on a 30" monitor. this is what he artile sayst he bigger screen resolution the more advantage in framerate here they gave an average with quote that below 1680 it even can be less fps then with 1 Gpu (not my wishdom)

scaling.gif

ok so all my downloads and istallations in Packages i can throw away ?

The problem is that article isn't talking about negative scaling where you actually lose performance. It doesn't happen often but it does happen with a are few games. I get 60fps with a single video card and 30 fps with two. That's negative scaling, meaning it actually hurts performance to have two cards.

As for your mods, you don't have to throw them away, but you won't be able to use them if you're running rF2 in x64 mode. If you want to keep using your mods, just don't use x64 mode and keep running it in x86 mode.

Quick question..do you just overwrite the existing files with the new build or uninstall old stuff and start again?

I just updated through the rF2 updater and it took care of everything, but I've read on some forums that you can only do that if you have a paid multiplayer account. Otherwise you have to download the new build from the ISI website and install that way.

I had to update manually, after uninstalling the core and then installing the new lite version I got errors when starting the game. In the end I had to do a full reinstall (with backing up packages and userdata of course).

Love the update, with 64 bits enabled I can finally max out and still have 30 cars on the track, having loads of fun!

I've updated the sim and changed the names as explained. But when I load the game and press the race button it freezes and I get a gmotor 2 error in a blank box.
Any ideas? Build 660 worked fine just before I updated it

Installed the 770 version.
First, every time I start the game (not the launcher, the main game), I get an error "Could not load BlankButton0000.bmp". Where this file is supposed to be?
Also, started in 32 bit, let AI take the car and got around 120 to 150 fps. Then exited, renamed the 64 bit and restarted right away, same car, same track. Load times are better, but loss around 30 to 40 fps while playing. Win8.1 x64 with 16GB ram. Back to 32 bit, then. Weird.

Will have to do it tomorrow now but will do when I get home from work :)

Since the x86 path works, we'll just focus on getting the x64 working. Remove the rFactor2 and rFactor2 Dedicated files from your core folder, just cut them and paste them to your desktop. Then rename your rFactor 2 64bit and rFactor2 Dedicated 64bit files to rFactor 2 and rFactor 2 Dedicated.

See if that works.

Yeah how SLI scales negatively in RF2 is beyond me as well, I run 3 cards connecting a screen to each, I easily get 240 fps in iracing and AC, dropping down to about 180 something with other vehicles.

But in rfactor it's horrendous, inconsistent and unplayable even. I may get 80 fps when I'm alone on the track but as soon as I have as little as 5 other vehicles on track I'm lucky to get 30 frames.
Even more strangely in rfactor is the stutter, even if FPS counter says 80 fps which should be smooth it's anything but, you can just see the scenery stuttering past, almost like the fps counter is lying to me.
And the recommended solution is that every time I run rfactor I should just rewire everything coz obviously it's my fault for running SLI to begin with Although simracers will spend thousands on sim racing gear, if you have SLI now that's something obscure and extremely uncommon according to ISI and bottom of the list of things to pay attention too.

I know this sounds as a bit of a whine about rf2, trust me I would have preferred that it did not have this problem as it has lots of things to like but if you first been playing another sim and then feel the need for some awesome FFB and road feel in rfactor 2 I find myself hitting that frustrated with frame rates rage quit button each time, I can't get past it and there are other sims out there which don't put me on the track towards an anger management course.
All the other positives and negatives are all irrelevant as long as I can't get a playable frame rate out of this title, period.

So I keep an eye on the rfactor 2 related news like this hoping that one day people will say, "they fixed SLI, the consumer wasn't using it wrong after all!"

Yeah how SLI scales negatively in RF2 is beyond me as well, I run 3 cards connecting a screen to each, I easily get 240 fps in iracing and AC, dropping down to about 180 something with other vehicles.

But in rfactor it's horrendous, inconsistent and unplayable even. I may get 80 fps when I'm alone on the track but as soon as I have as little as 5 other vehicles on track I'm lucky to get 30 frames.
Even more strangely in rfactor is the stutter, even if FPS counter says 80 fps which should be smooth it's anything but, you can just see the scenery stuttering past, almost like the fps counter is lying to me.
And the recommended solution is that every time I run rfactor I should just rewire everything coz obviously it's my fault for running SLI to begin with Although simracers will spend thousands on sim racing gear, if you have SLI now that's something obscure and extremely uncommon according to ISI and bottom of the list of things to pay attention too.

I know this sounds as a bit of a whine about rf2, trust me I would have preferred that it did not have this problem as it has lots of things to like but if you first been playing another sim and then feel the need for some awesome FFB and road feel in rfactor 2 I find myself hitting that frustrated with frame rates rage quit button each time, I can't get past it and there are other sims out there which don't put me on the track towards an anger management course.
All the other positives and negatives are all irrelevant as long as I can't get a playable frame rate out of this title, period.

So I keep an eye on the rfactor 2 related news like this hoping that one day people will say, "they fixed SLI, the consumer wasn't using it wrong after all!"

FYI, enabling V-sync seems to stop the stutter for me. I know what you're saying though, even though I can get framerates in the 70's and 80's, it still feels like the frames are very low when V-sync is disabled.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%