rFactor 2: Build 770 Now Available!

Formula 3_5.jpg

Image Space Incorporated released a new build of rFactor 2 adding more features and improvements to the popular PC racing simulator.

Highlights of this build are improved memory usage in 32bit. The RealRoad received some major tweaks and is no longer accelerated (unless you want it to be). Flag rules without disqualification as an option. Lots of AI improvements. New matchmaker technology in the back end. Enhanced plugin reporting. Modding tool changes, and various fixes and tweaks.

Of course a new demo exe is available as well. Plus the experimental 64bit exes are available to openly test.

Find the full changelog and download link below.

GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed sun block bug which caused inconsistent occluder values.
  • Fixed a bug where HUD textures refuse to load.
FEATURES:
  • Experimental 64 Bit builds added. Manual rename of 64 bit executables to 32 bit names required so the launcher can successfully start 64 bit executables.
  • Upgraded to latest version (9.3k) of Miles Sound System.
  • Updated projects to latest OpenSSL (1.0.1h)
  • Support added for gear-specific rev limit offsets.
  • Added additional Flag Rules option “Full w/o DQ”.
  • Eliminated race condition that could cause race rejoin to fail.
  • Added RealRoad timescale multiplier to control how fast the dynamic road changes conditions.
  • Added the ability to control vehicle- and tire-specific effects on RealRoad.
BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
  • Optimized memory usage.
  • Fixed thread safety issue that could produce crash when crossing finish line while recording a best path.
  • Fixed a problem where remote vehicles might appear to have brakes on all the time (and no steering, either) while viewing from the monitor.
  • Fixed issue where leftover RealRoad events could be applied in the wrong session.
  • Fixed inconsistent writing of config.ini if installed to write-restricted path.
  • Improved collision with temp cars.
  • Fix reporting of anti-stall to plugins.
  • Potential fix for exiting game while skin transfer is unfinished.
  • Needing to update car components will not overwrite any existing parameters from talent/vehicle rcd files. Will only add unique parameters.
  • Fix problem where you sometimes get a brief blast of vehicles sounds on subsequent track loads.
  • Fixed issue if server was password protected it would not verify server content was installed on client.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
  • Added OpenMP to Mod Mode and Dev builds (improves speed of TTool).
  • Added a dev mode AIW editor options to move selected waypoint’s selected path so that the next waypoint (or previous) matches the speed of the waypoint 2 spaces in front (or behind).
  • Corrected problem where +ptool and +ttool wouldn’t start up properly when using SDK.
  • Attempt to use AVX (if available) in 64-bit TTool.
  • Fixed double screenshots in TTool.
  • Plugins will need to be built in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Please add “_x64″ to the names of the 64-bit version for easier identification, otherwise anybody with a 32-bit version of Windows will get an annoying popup.
  • Made plugin functions RenderScreenBeforeOverlays() and RenderScreenAfterOverlays() always work in the UI, so that plugins can identify the options page.
UI / HUD / Options:
  • Added new gizmo action to clear multiplayer password.
  • Possible fix for HUDs picking up & using unrelated but identically named assets.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Sync up RealRoad on new clients at an accelerated pace.
  • Changed upload/download speed variable so that higher rates could be set in the dedicated server.
  • Initialize newly-joined clients to a basic RealRoad value such that they can’t gain an advantage over other clients.
  • Fixed multiple players in dedicated server startup dialog.
CONTROLLERS / FFB
  • Fix controller auto-detect on first startup. Hopefully without causing that no-keyboard problem on Win8 whose fix broke this.
  • Output FFB value to plugins even if no FFB devices are detected.
AI
  • Added checks to be sure only real AIs can talk and request pits.
  • Improvements to superspeedway AI.
  • Added AI control to PhysicsOptionsV01 in plugin interface.
  • Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without.
  • Fixed AI cars swerving on formation lap skip and transition from formation lap to race.
  • Removed unnecessary AI braking prediction that had them tapping the brakes needlessly.
  • Reset “add AI” menu when leaving page
Download the new build here.

Nice improvements in the new build.
I've noticed now that if you get off track onto the grass, the car doesn't have that crazy tendency to just slip and slide everywhere. That was one of the really bad traits.
It didn't matter how gradual you were with the throttle, the car would just rotate like it was on a frozen lake.
It's running quite a bit smoother from the exterior views as well.
I'm at a constant 60 fps everywhere.

I will not quote every post now for you mate.
Just trying to help, all you have to do is read the thread from the link I posted.

Dude, what are you talking about? You sent me a link to page 100 of a 103 page thread and you want me to read the entire 103 pages to find a solution? When most people provide a link to another webpage for people to offer help, its usually the solution to a problem. They don't usually say, here's a link to 103 pages to read, knock yourself out.

I read the entire page that you linked which was page 100 of 103, I saw a few others on that page alone claiming they have the same issue that I have which is framerates cut in half in SLI. Spinelli is no dummy and I've seen him post plenty about this issue as well. Reading that same page, someone quoted one of the ISI developers Joe Campana saying that the SLI profile works fine which is is a load of BS and then goes on to say that the SLI profile in Assetto Corsa doesn't work well at all which is just more BS because it works exactly like its suppose to. This tells me that they either haven't actually tested the SLI profile or they're just trying to make everyone feel like they're stupid becuase it doesn't work for them in a poor attempt to hide the problem.

Do you have two Nvidia cards in SLI? If so, what profile are you using to get proper SLI framerates? I'd really like to hear this. I'm not talking about GPU usage which some people seem to be confusing as proper SLI. Both GPU's will show usage but framerates are cut in HALF. I'm not stupid and I'm not new to SLI, I've done my fair share of troubleshooting on this. All older ISI engine games work just fine in SLI, rF2 is the only one that negatively scales.

I guess, I'm so lucky!!! :) I'm running on 2 x GTX660 ti on triple screens. No problems here and performance is better then 1 card. Those GTX 660 ti's are no graphic card monsters. So i can't max out everything. But I can if i use only 1 screen which i couldn't on 1 card. 60fps V-sync in game and the nvidea profiler is default.

About changing SLI bits: there are lot off recommendations, but they won't make sense without mentioning if they run on triple screen or single screen. SLI works differently on a single screen setup as for a triple screen setup.

Are you saying that SLI works properly on a triple screen setup but not a single screen? That might make sense if some are claiming it works. I can speak from quite a bit of experience that SLI doesn't work on a single screen.

Are you saying that SLI works properly on a triple screen setup but not a single screen? That might make sense if some are claiming it works. I can speak from quite a bit of experience that SLI doesn't work on a single screen.

I can max everything out if i use only 1 screen on 2 cards, which i couldn't on 1 card.

I return to single screen if i want to make screenshots or video's.

in the Core folder you will now see 2x .rFactor2 .exe and 2x rFactor2 Dedicated .exe

keep the 64 bit ones and take out the old ones, then rename the 64 bit ones the same as the ones you have got rid off.
View attachment 58426

Only do this if you have a 64 bit operating system,
you should see a difference in the loading time.. click and it appears.. really quick now,,WOW
you can also check if it working once the game is up and running by looking in your task manager.
look in processes rfactor2.exe has now lost the *32 on the end

i see (cant upload my pictures ???) 1x rfactor2 64bit 1x rfactor dedicated 64 bit and 1x rfactor2 + 1x rfactor2 dedicated but when i check task manager it stil say (32bits) and i do have a windows 64bit system

plz who can explain how to start up in 64bit.
regards

I can max everything out if i use only 1 screen on 2 cards, which i couldn't on 1 card.

Must be something else that's causing this issue then, Spinelli uses two 780ti's and gets negative scaling, I use two 780's and I get negative scaling. I don't know if its only GTX 780 related but I doubt it. Is there any way you an turn on all the graphics details, disable V-Sync, run a lap at 1080p and check for your lowest framerate with a single card, then enable SLI and do the same again and see what happens. Mine is noticeable before the race even starts. Just sitting in the pits, the framerate drops in half in SLI.

read this
Must be something else that's causing this issue then, Spinelli uses two 780ti's and gets negative scaling, I use two 780's and I get negative scaling. I don't know if its only GTX 780 related but I doubt it. Is there any way you an turn on all the graphics details, disable V-Sync, run a lap at 1080p and check for your lowest framerate with a single card, then enable SLI and do the same again and see what happens. Mine is noticeable before the race even starts. Just sitting in the pits, the framerate drops in half in SLI.

also with crossfre i read article that more cards no garantee for more fps is also depending on your screen resolution normaly works better from 2590 and up on a 1980 screen you even can loose fps thats why it works on tripple screens Can give a link here with explanation only its in Dutch

http://www.pcinside.info/nl/uitleg/...n-van-meerdere-grafische-kaarten-zo-werkt-het

read this

also with crossfre i read article that more cards no garantee for more fps is also depending on your screen resolution normaly works better from 2590 and up on a 1980 screen you even can loose fps thats why it works on tripple screens Can give a link here with explanation only its in Dutch

http://www.pcinside.info/nl/uitleg/videokaart/104-sli-en-crossfire-is-het-combineren-van-meerdere-grafische-kaarten-zo-werkt-het

The thing is Peter, ONLY rFactor 2 negatively scales though in SLI. All other games I own and its probably 50+ games all work properly in SLI. I actually play at 2560x1600 resolution on a 30" monitor.

There isn't a solution. The mods will have to be remade in x64 instead of x86. That's on the modders to fix.

hi Mike

2560x1600 resolution on a 30" monitor. this is what he artile sayst he bigger screen resolution the more advantage in framerate here they gave an average with quote that below 1680 it even can be less fps then with 1 Gpu (not my wishdom)

scaling.gif

ok so all my downloads and istallations in Packages i can throw away ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%