rFactor 2: Build 125 Released

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

rFactor 2: Build 125 Released

ISI released the newest beta version of their upcoming game rFactor 2 today but it's, according to Tim Wheatley, not an official one and thus the autoupdater might cause some trouble. This should, however, not affect any future updates.
This build may not be going on the auto updater AT ALL. We have effectively released an 'unofficial' build, you will be able to update from this to the next...​

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is fun to play, game physics are good, Tons of track to download aswell,
But i got refund a few days ago for one reason.
I went online to have a race and there was only 8 people online in the hole world.
Its a shame there player base is so small and a shame there using a old direct x 9 game engine.

kelaroost Do you know what DirectX 9 is? Please explain it in two simple lines to us non-IT'ers. And why is it worse than DirectX 11.

Which other games have been made with this game engine?
dx9 is not a game engine, it's a collection of APIs that relate to game graphics.

Basically a programmer would use a DX11 api to tell your video card to use Ambient Occlusion in the game. The video card would then render ambient occlusion.

DX11 is the newest set of these APIs and has a bunch of amazing new features.

http://www.techspot.com/review/537-max-payne-3-performance/page6.html

that should give you an idea of the possible differences between using DX9 and DX11

direct x 9 game engine.
in other terms compatable game engine
Its a simple fact the game will allways look like it belongs to games that were writen 10 years ago.
they should of built this game using an advanced game engine that supports the latest direct x 11 compatable hardware.
From what ive seen maxing the game out full graphics on 2560x1600 res i was very disappointed.

They say there is no dx11 suport and they know its a negative.

This game is fun to play, game physics are good, Tons of track to download aswell,
But i got refund a few days ago for one reason.
I went online to have a race and there was only 8 people online in the hole world.
Its a shame there player base is so small and a shame there using a old direct x 9 game engine.
The only difference between DX9 and DX11 is that shader can have unlimited lenght.
In pCars you see there is not that much difference between the 2 graphic modes.

That there are so little amount of people online is a much bigger problem.

I bought the lifetime membership, I don't regret it but I can't see me spending a lot of time in rFactor 2. It just feels dated right out of the box so to speak. I just feel like they missed the market by quite a margin. Graphically it looks pretty dated and yet seems to be a real resource hog, everyone else is moving to DX 11 based graphics engines and yet ISI cling to DX 9. They said that laser scanning would be prohibitively expensive and increase the cost of the game and would be an unnecessary feature just as their competitors such as pCars and Assetto Corsa announced that they along with iRacing already would be moving forward with laser scanning technology. Online is dead outside of private league events. I downloaded the patch yesterday and fired up the Skippy at Limerock. I was quite impressed with the look of the track, their texturing has improved but then I got hit with graphical glitches like big black boxes replacing cars in front. I'm disappointed but still hopeful for the future of rF2.

Graphics aren't the reason for rF2 being a resource hog, I think. The physics require quite a lot of calculations I believe and it's still in beta after all. So stuff like the black box are only natural. :)

direct x 9 game engine.
in other terms compatable game engine
Its a simple fact the game will allways look like it belongs to games that were writen 10 years ago.
they should of built this game using an advanced game engine that supports the latest direct x 11 compatable hardware.
From what ive seen maxing the game out full graphics on 2560x1600 res i was very disappointed.

They say there is no dx11 suport and they know its a negative.
"Its a simple fact the game will allways look like it belongs to games that were writen 10 years ago."

LOL. Oh really?! Can you prove this fact? Have you seen the different between Dx9 and 11 in pCars? The difference is quite negligible.

It isn't the prettiest sim out there but it does have it's moments. Depends on time of day I find. The ffb is second to none and I love the physics. Great sim! :thumbsup:

About the FBB: indeed. I rather take my hands off my wheel (T500) than trying to catch the car once I realize I can't avoid the gravel trap. Tried that once or twice...arms hurt for days. :)

It isn't the prettiest sim out there but it does have it's moments. Depends on time of day I find. The ffb is second to none and I love the physics. Great sim! :thumbsup:

About the FBB: indeed. I rather take my hands off my wheel (T500) than trying to catch the car once I realize I can't avoid the gravel trap. Tried that once or twice...arms hurt for days. :)
hehe. I have my ffb multiplier anywhere from 0.5 to 0.75 and I don't seem to get that problem. I don't like my ffb too strong. Fantec gt3 rs v2 here.

Wow, are these forums full of 12 year olds, or are these actually grown ups with brains making these comments??? Just the same old more uneducated people who talk, but dont actually know what they are talking about.

Have you guys ever seen PCars maxed out in dx9???? It BARLEY looks any different to dx11, because IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GRAPHICS ENFINE ITSELF, REGARDLESS OF IT BEING DX11 OR NOT.

Have you guys ever seen the lighting in Crysis 1??? People still say it is one of the most beautiful games to this day (especially with mods), and most agreed it was the most beautiful game PERIOD, up until a year or 2 ago, it came out in 2007 and is DX9!!!

Have you seen Hard Reset??? Metro 2033 in dx9 mode???? The Witcher 2??????? Etc etc I could keep on listing gorgeous dx9 games.

It has nothing to do with the fact that it is dx9!!! It's just simply the graphics engine itself, regardless of dx9 or dx11.

On top of all this, ISI stated their graphics engine is capable of being upgraded to dx11, but despite what all you uneducated dx11 whores think, adding dx11 won't do too much. If you want a very big improvement in the graphics, you just have to use a new graphics engine entirely,, REGARDLESS OF IT BEING DX11 OR NOT.

Graphics aren't the reason for rF2 being a resource hog, I think. The physics require quite a lot of calculations I believe and it's still in beta after all. So stuff like the black box are only natural. :)
rF2's reason for resource hogging is the code to calculate the physics?

FFS, if that's the case no-one will get Assetto Corsa to run then, lol.

PCARS is in ALPHA/BETA, but at least opponent's cars show up as cars and not boxes.

For me, rF2 got the jump on quite few developers, but they seem to be slipping a few places down the pecking order as 2013 looms on the horizon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back