rFactor 2 Build 1052 released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor2 Stock Cars.png

Image Space Incorporated have today made available to download a new version of their popular racing simulator rFactor 2. Bringing the sim up to build 1052, the latest changes include many updates and fixes as can be seen below.

Available to download now via the Steam platform or alternatively non Steam users can download the 331mb lite installer directly from the ISI website.

Personally I have recently been racing with the slightly older (unreleased) baby brother unstable build to this release and can say some of the weather improvements have significantly enhanced the immersion aspect of this sim, with slower buildup and drop off grip bringing another element of strategy consideration into the experience.

Build 1052 also addresses the long standing matchmaker compatibility issue between Steam and non Steam editions, players should now be able to find more people available in the online lobbies for when you just get the need to do a couple of quick random online races...

You could of course come join the fun in our RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club if you really want to get your kicks racing with other players in a well organised online environment... :)

While we are on the subject of loosely related plugs... keep your eyes peeled on RaceDepartment in the coming weeks as we sit down with the guys at ISI for another exclusive interview with the main players in the sim racing world... watch this space!

Build 1052 Changelog

FEATURES:
————-
  • Water temperature now starts at the same value as oil temperature.
  • Added a few more details to lap records in CCH file.
  • Added the ability to use alternate controls for throttle, brake, and steering (they are at the bottom of the list of driving controls in the UI). Note that the alternate controls do NOT support ramping which is normally useful for driving with keyboards or buttons, so it preferable to select only analog devices for the alternate controls.
  • Added ability to cancel damage repair during a pitstop.
  • Added the ability to paste clipboard text into text boxes.
  • Added ability to open hyperlinks with a click that show up in the multiplayer chatbox.
  • Doubled useable dictionary length to 512 to prevent cutting off of some Italian tuning descriptions.
  • Qualifying on by default for new playerfiles.
  • Replaced ‘_’ characters with spaces in opponent filter list display.
  • Race Event rfm icon can now be a TGA, JPG, or PNG as well as the still supported DDS
  • Safety car with lights (thanks to traveller)

FIXES:
————-
  • Fixed problem where a broken engine would become fixed and indestructible after rejoining.
  • Backup plan for the problem where pit arrow sometimes isn’t available after driver swaps: borrow the grid arrow instead.
  • Fixed (removed) extra useless multihead onboard cameras.
  • Only allow admins to issue /pitby* commands.
  • Fixed wrong gdb data getting loaded for tracks that have multiple versions installed.
  • Now ignoring duplicate veh files when building vehicle manager list. Only latest version of vehicle will be included.
  • Tightened up text input boxes to prevent drawing outside of box.
  • Fixed virtual vehicle loading with random car if base vehicle not found.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
———————
  • Mod mode show pitlanes & special waypoints now work correctly with multiple pit lanes.
  • Enabled Ctrl-D physics tool in public Mod Mode build.
  • Command line option added for Mod Manager: -b[DatFile] [index …] = build mod/cmp at specified indices from DatFile. Use -help if needed.
The latest version of rFactor 2 is available to download now directly from the ISI site or via the Steam platform. Alongside this new build the US based development team have released a new improved version of the popular Renault Megane Trophy car... read more about it right here on RaceDepartment.

Enjoying rFactor 2 recently? What are you looking forward to most in the new build? Lets hear your comments below!

Last edited:
View attachment 120935

Power management at adaptive: rF2 will make your graphics card work at full power no matter what you set here. :D

There is no reason to alter the Nvidia profile if can't run the game maxed out with some FPS head room. It will create trouble or if it's an enhancement, it will come with a performance hit. :)
If you believe that adaptive and prefer maximum performance will make your graphics card work at full power no matter what you set there is fine for me you can believe what ever you like but don`t you think it is strange that there is two options to Power management mode if it does not mater which option you chose :D:cautious::laugh:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...e-Quality-Loss?p=324424&viewfull=1#post324424
"5.Pre-Rendered Frames - "1" - In the Nvidia Control Panel (or Nvidia Inspector, I recommend Inspector since it has more adjustments and settings) select your rF2 profile, then change the setting (don't forget to hit Apply/Save/O.K.). Apart from gained fps in rF2, this will also decrease input lag for most users"

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2?p=309998&viewfull=1#post309998
"The reason for setting "Max pre-rendered frames" to "1" on the nvidia control panel is to ensure that the CPU does not bottlenecking performance. It'll lower you CPU utilisation, preventing any cores from clipping 100% during the benchmark. This doesn't happen on all systems but it can do for some and to avoid any chance of it happening completely, nvidia users should set "Max pre-rendered frames" to "1" on the nvidia control panel. Here's an example of the cpu utilisation effects of "Max pre-rendered frames" at default to "1": The top graph bottlenecked my performance and saw reduced average fps. Some user CPU's are clocked fast enough to avoid this problem from happening all together but you should still used it even outside benchmarking as it can only be a benefit to you, especially in other rendering conditions that demand more CPU."

:notworthy::cautious::laugh:

@David O'Reilly if you could point me in the direction of the read me files you mention, that sounds promising
The read me file is in
c/program files/rfactor2/read me

There is a lot of stuff there. Occasionally a vital kernel like enable multithreading.

It might have even been in a thread by an ISI staffer that explained graphic settings quite well.
My take away was that a few builds ago it was helpful to go into the graphics card software and tweak stuff. Now its better to handle it in the game settings.
Certainly for me when I did just that I got a massive boost in frame rates.

Oh, please stop with the nonsense. Load up Northhamptonshire (unlicensed Silverstone) in rF1 and compare with Silverstone in rF2. The old one sucks rocks... don't make me post screenshots!

You know the story mate. Defend a game with facts, you're a fanboy. Criticise it with facts, you're a troll. I've been called a troll on ISI forums because I asked when they'll be fixing certain issues(stuttering I think it was, and the whole of FSR was experiencing it with a certain build, 982 or close to that), and I was called a troll.

There's a certain fanboy on there who just posts ridiculous drivel every time someone criticises it. It was funny actually, because I even mentioned to the dude that it's still by far my favorite sim, but I'm not a fanboy of any game and definitely not oblivious to its faults.

Sometimes we just have to take it whence it came.

Assetto is the stunningly good looking girl you take out for dinner party's so everybody can see her,but she doesn't really tick you..
rF2 she doesn't look near as good as assetto,but she knows how to tick you, and she knows her way around in a bedroom, So after the dinner party you always end up in bed with her..:whistling:;)
And Project cars is the girl that looks stunning, puts out on the first date, but is as dumb as a bag of spiders and ultimately leaves you feeling empty

And then you said in the same post...

Oh, but wait, they weren't produced byISI...

Point is that the tracks created by ISI in the rF1 era are nowhere as good as the tracks they produced in the rF2 era.

I think it is you who is missing things.

Regarding cracks, what have I missed? BTW, don't have to be an ass about it ; whatever it is

And then you said in the same post...

Oh, but wait, they weren't produced byISI...

Point is that the tracks created by ISI in the rF1 era are nowhere as good as the tracks they produced in the rF2 era.

I think it is you who is missing things.

Regarding cracks, what have I missed? BTW, don't have to be an ass about it ; whatever it is

See the ISI Tracks thread, after your observation about no cracks ISI released a pic with cracks in the tarmac...I did tag your name so maybe you missed it.

AC is the girl that you find stunning, looks great on you arm, great on her own but struggles a little when conversation runs deeper than reality TV.

PCars is the girl that lies about her family wealth, borrows the clothes, jewellery and car to come to the party and when she gets there only has one dance move and all the guys have dated her but just once. You wake up with a lot of make up on the pillow beside you and an empty wallet.

OK after fiddling for hours and hours and hours and hours...

...realized texture sharpening is 5 by default and changed it to zero and no more need for fancy AA and I am now using only 8xCSAA so I'm back in business!

Thanks to all who mentioned texture sharpening which reminded me to double check that and now things are firmly within tolerable limits visually.

I don't understand or want to understand all the technical mumbo jumbo but in my case I was literally giving rF2 one last chance (even named my fresh install directory "rF2lastChance"). Terribly sad to imagine how many people have been turned away by having this setting be 5 instead of zero by default (again not understanding all the mumbo jumbo) but if it, indeed, makes sense to have this be zero by default then holy mother in heaven above ISI should default this to zero for crying out loud to stop the bleeding. Seems better to not have a demo at all if five is going to be default because no way is a demo user going to bother figuring this out and thus demo is counterproductive.

@hexagramme
I find you reply about: " The wet weather improvements work really well..... Awesome stuff." as I did rate it. It is not up to you how I should rate posts in this forum. :speechless:

Like I already told you, the "funny" rating is most likely not meant to be used as some sort of anti-social sarcastic way of disagreeing with someone.

If you disagree with what I said (and I know that you do), tell me why, instead of taking those little "anonymous", sarcastic stabs.

Thanks in advance.

Like I already told you, the "funny" rating is most likely not meant to be used as some sort of anti-social sarcastic way of disagreeing with someone.

If you disagree with what I said (and I know that you do), tell me why, instead of taking those little "anonymous", sarcastic stabs.

Thanks in advance.

I find your post insolent rude and childish, It is not up to you how me or anybody else should rate posts in this forum.
If there is something beyond this, please do not use public forums PM is just fine and please try to stay on topic.
Thank you.

but still no 35 steer lock :( 23 is the hiest i can go ...i ruin full 900 steer rotation...need 35 steer lock to make it right, 23 is too low ...any chance of getting 35 lock isi ??

900 Degrees?

Some cars use it, some not. You can let the game controle this. So you'll have the correct degree of rotation for each car. This could be 900 degree for a road car, but 120 degrees for a go-kart.

Allow game to adjust settings in your wheel profiler and enable "vehicle set" in game.
So each car will use the appropriate degree of rotation. You don't have to worry about that. ;)

But you can also use @William Wester 's list. But you'll need to set, check, tweak each car. IMO let the game controle this. :cool:

Anyone moved from raw installation of rF2 to Steam?
I want to make the transfer and i am about to request my code for the Steam.
But once i get it i saw that the installation becomes invalid. Anyone has a clue where i need to place the code i will receive? How to start the installation of rF2 on Steam?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back