Rfactor 2 August Update Shows Love To Older Legacy Content!

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
August Update is out and S397 are showing some love to the older legacy content! Also new Liveries to Porsche Carrera Cup, Kers added to Formula ISI and Bop adjustments to GT3 and GTE's. Graphics and A.I. updates to older tracks and more!

For anyone out and about, maybe at work and has'nt got time to read update, i've made a quick video reading out the major points of the changelog so you can listen to it on you're phone if you like!

f-isi GETS kERS(old)
Mclaren, Brabham, & March get material and other improvements.(old)
(ok, no Lola upgrade, no Can-Am, no Group-C, no....)
Reiza is up to Reiza
Dundrod and 4 other tracks see improvements.(old)

f-isi GETS kERS(old) Mclaren, Brabham, & March get material and other improvements.(old) (ok, no Lola upgrade, no Can-Am, no Group-C, no....) Reiza is up to Reiza Dundrod and 4 other tracks see improvements.(old)

Historic OW ( Challenge) = Eve and Spark mmm where will I start on needed fixes... lol

Sports you mention are not official I was talking about Cobra, G4, G6

I mention Reiza because like other content it's well overdue ...or here is a idea release a list of content they will never touch again so as not to breed false hope.

Again they must be all 3rd party you think of ?
I was talking about Belgium, Italy, Monaco they are all worthy of a coat of paint.
As well could add the Belgium fixes from DJ and Italy Oval and 1000km.
All 3 tracks need the AI lines reworked.
They are staple historic content both sim and real life.

Also like to see the Dissenter updated, it and others have only had a rain update 4 years ago, what about sound PBR yadda

P.S. I not bothered or worried about it mind you.
They could never update another thing and I would still rate it all time best sim.

When I put a :coffee: at the end of my posts it means I just having a brew thinking about it. ;)

Last edited:
I said Lola cuz I couldn't think of the Howston name(at the time) I do wish they would really give the Howstons a full work-over because so many of the historic mods start life as the G4 or G6.
No worries, the last sentence was more to come soon...of course if soon is in the Biblical sense....well.....

" what's a dissenter ? " :O_o:
lol

Not for dave in particular, go grab it, drive it up against a barrier and do a burnout, see how hot you can get the rubber. :x3:

This car with bug fixes, physics tweak, extra engines and wheels, sound, pbr, full grid skin set.
Awesome.

P.S. and no license bs to worry about, same with Historic ow, G4, G6 why they are prime material.

Last edited:
P.S. and no license bs to worry about, same with Historic ow, G4, G6 why they are prime material.
Interesting question because S397 ostensibly dropped support of the fictional cars/tracks in order to do only licensed stuff. But the studio has changed since then, so are we seeing a new policy in effect with Toban and Mills being updated and maybe there is hope for Eve, Spark, & Howston?

I would pay for new versions of all the fictional historic content
No license to start with and a fair part of the work already done, seems like a no brainer
Lets say 50% the cost of DLC
Call them 'Gen 2' :p

Most of the "really old content" that's being mentioned here is so old that it's no longer a matter of taking what is there and improving it. To bring it to current day standards you're looking at a complete rebuild from scratch.

The modelers at Studio 397 are currently busy creating content for the new Le Mans game, which they are probably not willing to delay for projects like this. That leaves only one realistic option: to have the community build it. If you think there is a market, get in touch with Studio 397 and see if you can work with them to sell an updated version. If you don't think there is a market, you'll have to do the work for free.

Is it possible to create community mods on existing content? Or at least change tyres to newer (data?) ones?
I remember with the first Rfactor (the original ISI) I was able to change the tires of a car. Can't remember how I did it though, was probably a case of swapping a couple of files around, however it may be a little more complex than that now with Rfactor 2

Most of the "really old content" that's being mentioned here is so old that it's no longer a matter of taking what is there and improving it. To bring it to current day standards you're looking at a complete rebuild from scratch.

Well many mods from "really old content" are imho a lot of times better then DLC.
Did I mention "todays standards" ?

F3 Community mod is 500% better then what you left us, empty promises for years .

That you could even release a car where you can see actual sunlight through gaps in the rim and tyre then not fix it in 10 years. What "standards" do you call that ?

Well many mods from "really old content" are imho a lot of times better then DLC.
Did I mention "todays standards" ?

F3 Community mod is 500% better then what you left us, empty promises for years .

That you could even release a car where you can see actual sunlight through gaps in the rim and tyre then not fix it in 10 years. What "standards" do you call that ?
If you're trying to provoke or offend me, it's not working. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion and preferences for content and I am sure that if you were to build an actual car in rFactor 2 it would be much better so stop talking and show us what you can do.

As they are working/ focusing on the LeMans edition, I am happy for any improvement on rF2. At least I have the impression that this title is not dead (and that would be a pity as it has by far the best FFB IMHO)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.