rFactor 2 50% off on Steam (£12.89)

LOL, oh dear, people think I'm serious about that? Think of it as more of a comment that there are many different ways for charging for a game and few of them really matter in the end (except iRacing's stinky service model where you don't even have a game when you quit paying at the end).

The main thing is to avoid paying list price, especially for anything sold via Steam where there are numerous sales.

I'm quite new to steam but as i understand it they have about 4-6 sales a year.
DiRT rally is £39.99, on one of the many sales it ALWAYS drops to £7.99..... anyone buying 'old' games out of steam sale period are nuts...IMO.
Not even old games in fact, i paid £26 for PCars 2 few weeks after people had paid £44...

Got Spintires for £2.75 from fanatical, then noticed steam was giving me discount from £24.99 to £7 for Mudrunner spintires!!..... so got that even though just an updated game.... steam is great!

P.S. off topic, but why is there no section for Spintires games? It bloody marvelous! not much stops my playing sim racing games but this did last night, awesome stuff.

I tried Mudrunner, didn't like it at all. Much rather ETS or ATS for a diversion from sim racing, not like I need one. Who knew driving trucks on regular roads (albeit from another continent) could be so fun...?

I almost find that using steam sales to stock up on games you might not have otherwise bought is balanced out by the fact that half or more of what you buy doesn't even actually get opened to play more than one or a handful of times. So in the end, I I probably spend as much money as I would without the sale, but just end up with a bunch of games that I would not otherwise have. Which is great because at some stage you eventually get to a couple of gems that really are worth your money, just a shame there isn't enough time in the day to get to them all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back