rF2 Track Reviews

Peevee88

Premium
Below is a list of tracks I tested and did not meet the basic standards set for these reviews and which I have uninstalled from my rF2 track roster until they are improved either by updates or as all new release for rF2.

Good tracks I have tested with links to review:
Good tracks I have driven and reccomend - no review yet:
Tracks to avoid:
Criteria used to test rF2 tracks:

I am a big rF2 fan and at the moment it is my go to sim, but as I discover it I am realising that there are many really bad looking add-on tracks. When I say 'bad looking' I mean that they are packed with jaggies, shimmering objects that should not shimmer and the off track terrain is something out of a bad acid trip with eyeball damage a possibility.
Perhaps some of these tracks have excellent 'physics' and the other stuff that makes good tracks. As a visual person the way tracks look are very important and sometimes all it takes is one lap to bin a track because it looks bad.
I admit: I hate jaggies and therefore anything where the jaggies actually catch my attention more than the braking zone or an apex is to me unacceptable. If there are jaggies but they are not too intense then I might stay with the track and live with the mild jaggies because the other elements are cool.
I have started this thread to keep a record of track reviews I make as I journey through rF2 and perhaps like minded souls (if there are any) can use this as a reference and even join in with critique or feedback and even do their own track reviews.
Note that these are plug-and-play, out-of-the-box evaluations with little (if any) tweaking or fussing about with settings other than the standard one-size-fits-all that I use.
The reviews are my personal opinions based on evaluations of the tracks I test and not meant to offend anyone.

Some of the criteria I use to test tracks are
  1. Cars used for test: ISI Indycar, Renault Megane Trophy v1.02 & Renault Megane World Trophy MOD 1.4.01
  2. Fields between 24 and 30 AI cars at 100% and 50% aggro
  3. In the reviews the following are confirmed and/or work correctly with regards to reviewed tracks: penalties for false start, pitlane speeding, cutting track penalty, sector-times, start and finish procedure, starting lights and pit-limiter
  4. System used: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, with Memory: 32768MB RAM, Processor Intel i7, Ram 32GB DDR III, Solid State Drive 128GB SATA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, single screen 1920 x 1080 (60.000Hz) with all in-game graphics at full settings

Last edited:
For the record I am not a big fan of fantasy tracks. But the ISI Toban Raceway released last month is worth the download. It sets continues to raise the bar and sets the benchmark for rF2 tracks in terms of graphics, immersion, good AI (they are aggressive but believable)
Also surprisingly easy to learn although it would not seem so when you do some early laps

• Deleted member 130869

Bathurst's layout accuracy is of course quite a bit off, but the quality of the work done by mianiak is way up there among all rF2 tracks.The texture quality and details are very good. It matches up even with the feels3 tracks - whose age are an incredible testament to his quality -, the Virtua_LM Sebring, and Atlanta Motorsports Park, ISI's finest work.

Atlanta Motorsports Park is in my OP as: Good tracks I have driven and recommend - no review yet...
Great little circuit with several steep elevations, blind corners and all those nuances that challenge simmers. It won't cut it as a F1 or even Indycar track as it has a distinct clubby atmosphere - getting out of the pits is scary the first few times...
Works well for offline with AI and online racing
Really a pleasure to drive and for sure worth the download.
It also has four kart track layouts that I have yet to try.

• Deleted member 130869

It can work for Indycars but it's like a glorified Monaco :p. I have a video from a race with phoenixracingclub, but the level of drivers there is usually extremely poor so there's no side-by-side racing:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back