rF2 perennial twilight lighting?

The last few times I have been driving rF2 on various tracks I noticed that it seems to be a lot darker than I remembered.
I eventually also noticed that as time progressed it wasn't really getting lighter or darker, just sort of a perennial twilight.

So, to make sure, today I set practice at 12:00 noon and set the weather to clear skies.
I went on track and nothing really changed. The shadows looked noonish, but they are so faint you really have to pay attention. Most of all, I didn't see the sun in the sky at all. So I changed to later in the day and the lighting was still the same. Sun still absent. I also turned FXAA on and off and couldn't really see a difference.

the last practice I did was at Lime Rock and when I turned on the headlights at 1:00pm on a clear day they were bright and actually quite useful to see the road. I should not be able to see my headlights so defined in the early afternoon.

So I figured these are the options:

1) Something is wrong with the way my rF2 is setup
2) There is something wrong with rF2 in general
3) A malevolent superior race that lives in the ISI universe has stolen the sun for their nefarious purposes

Which is it?

The last few times I have been driving rF2 on various tracks I noticed that it seems to be a lot darker than I remembered.
I eventually also noticed that as time progressed it wasn't really getting lighter or darker, just sort of a perennial twilight.

So, to make sure, today I set practice at 12:00 noon and set the weather to clear skies.
I went on track and nothing really changed. The shadows looked noonish, but they are so faint you really have to pay attention. Most of all, I didn't see the sun in the sky at all. So I changed to later in the day and the lighting was still the same. Sun still absent. I also turned FXAA on and off and couldn't really see a difference.

the last practice I did was at Lime Rock and when I turned on the headlights at 1:00pm on a clear day they were bright and actually quite useful to see the road. I should not be able to see my headlights so defined in the early afternoon.

3) A malevolent superior race that lives in the ISI universe has stolen the sun for their nefarious purposes

Which is it?

3. It is...

gru-600x245.jpg

3. It is...

gru-600x245.jpg

Bullshit.

Which is it?

If you can't see the sun at all then there is something wrong with the install. I don't need headlights at midday nor do I notice a change when I switch them on.

I don't see those kind of shadows at Lime Rock at all. It is twilights no matter the time a day. I haven't tried to set it to nighttime but I'll try later. I guess I'll have to install it all over again.

Thank you for confirming this for me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years