• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

RF2 NGTC (BTCC) Series

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Shaun Clarke, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,644
    I have noticed that the BTCC (NGTC series) have appeared on Steam Workshop, but hopefully somebody can tell me how / and why.

I know Andy has done this to a very very high standard, and these was converted to Assetto Corsa, which some of you might know, I worked on, with permission from Andy

I also know that these are ripped models from various games, so how on earth as these made a steam download, yet, when I post mine on RD, it got taken down?

Sorry for what seems a noobie question, just doesn't make sense to me?

Cheers

Shaun

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +340
    Simple answer: RD doesn't control Steam.

3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +773
    Seems to be the curse of sim racing, but have to admit it's a good mod :whistling:

4. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    Fwd seems spot on having owned a high torque fwd car and experienced torque steer; however rwd 1 series is numb feeling.
    What game were these swipped from as I suspect I own said game they are leveraged from?

5. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +340
    Originally, most of the cars came from the free Copa Petrobras de Marcos by Reiza (now a component of Automobilista). I don't know where the BMW came from. Rather than just a straight conversion, the cars were given a few graphic updates. FWD physics are all copies of the ISI BTCC Civic; RWD physics were developed by Andy & company.

6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,644
    tbh it was so long ago, I cannot remember ( and don't have the emails anymore) of where they all came from.

The reason I "asked this stupid question" was, so any content can appear on steam workshop :cautious:

7. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    Pm me some of your work chap

8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,644
    I can't PM you, not allowed :)