• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

rF2 Mod file?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Kol Bailey, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Kol Bailey

Kol Bailey

Ratings:
    +31
    I am having another problem..........again. Today I was trying to download the snetterton 300 mod beta. I saved it under packages. When I opened up the Mod Manager it wasn't there. So I clicked the packages file and it doesn't open up! Then I saved it under a file called "rF2 MODS". I opened the Mod Manager and it still wasn't there. I clicked the small file in the upper left hand corner, and I uploaded the mod from there and it still wasn't on the Mod Manger. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    The file goes in the Packages folder. Once it's there, open the Mod Manager, click Options, and uncheck 'Show Mods Only'. Now the file should show up, so right click 'Snetterton300' in the list and choose Install. Start the game, and enjoy. :)

3. Kol Bailey

Kol Bailey

Ratings:
    +31
    I'll try, thanks!

4. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +953
    If that doesnt work. Go ingame and in the main menu at the top it says Component Manager and there you can install it also.

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater Premium

Ratings:
    +3,189
    There is a difference between mods (.rfmod files) and components (.rfcmp files).

For MOD installation (.rfmod)
    Just put it in the package dir, and open the mod manager. It will show there.

For Components (.rfcmp)
    Put in the packages folder, and open the MOD manager. Then DEselect the Show mods only option as described above.

So before installing, look at the extension of the downloaded file to see which option to use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. punch

punch

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't understand . everything in the core column in mod manager is "NO" think this is why I cant select anything in game

7. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas

Ratings:
    +28
    Select the mod, right click, select install