rF2: Joesville Speedway Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
joes1.jpg

Following the recent successful release of Stock Car Series for rFactor 2, Image Space Incorporated have released the 0.41 mile Oval, Joesville Speedway.

Coming in just the single configuration ‘Runabout’, this short oval should offer the opportunity to run 2 wide around the whole circuit for most vehicles. Designed for use with the recent StockCar content, Joesville Speedway compliments the slowly increasing number of oval tracks already available within rFactor 2, such as the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Mountain Peak Speedway and recent 3PA (third party affiliate) content Jacksonville and Brookdale.

Containing all the usual goodies to be expected of official ISI tracks such as ‘realroad’ and the latest graphic shaders, Joesville is sure to be a popular addition to the sim.

The track can be downloaded from the ISI’s official rFactor 2 website.

joes 2.jpg joes 3.jpg

Why not try our rFactor 2 racing club right here on RaceDepartment to get your oval thrills?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this short track, never did like the super speedways IRL, short track racing was always more exciting to me.
Anyway, I'm terrible with car setups and while I've found the Toyota Celica GTO is a blast on Joesville I'm cooking the right-front tire within a few laps? Any suggesting to keep the temps under 400 degrees? :confused:

I love this short track, never did like the super speedways IRL, short track racing was always more exciting to me.
Anyway, I'm terrible with car setups and while I've found the Toyota Celica GTO is a blast on Joesville I'm cooking the right-front tire within a few laps? Any suggesting to keep the temps under 400 degrees? :confused:
Well William, I have absolutely no experience with ovals but I took part in a club race with the stock cars at Indianapolis the other night and the one thing I learnt from the other guys was just to slow down for the corners. I take back all I've ever said about oval racing, it's not as easy as it looks. My front right was on about 14% left and theirs was 80% plus lol. Everytime I looked in the mirror I could see smoke and rubber being left on the track.

Open the brake ducts a smidge? :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years