Rf2 great but very Loooong load times.

As a matter of fact!!! Because of the extreamly long lead times I have just about quit using RF2... Assetto corsa ,Automobilista, Race room Exparience, and even Project 2 cars, all load much faster, are quite good and i can be racing while in RF2 I can go eat lunch while its loading. Even RF1 is just about as good as rf2 and loads in 1/8 the time. Sorry, I like rf2 but really get tired of waiting.

It is almost required to have rF2 on an ssd. I was really surprise when I upgraded a few months ago: loading times became equivalent to other games while it was a pain with my older machine. So I'm not sure what it is calculating on loading, but it seems it needs some raw power. Not implying you should upgrade of course, maybe s397 can do some optimization there hopefully?

As a matter of fact!!! Because of the extreamly long lead times I have just about quit using RF2... Assetto corsa ,Automobilista, Race room Exparience, and even Project 2 cars, all load much faster, are quite good and i can be racing while in RF2 I can go eat lunch while its loading. Even RF1 is just about as good as rf2 and loads in 1/8 the time. Sorry, I like rf2 but really get tired of waiting.

Track loading time is almost entirely dependent on CPU, because CPU does all the decryption and decompression. Tracks are usually something like 500 MB so it's not I/O limited operation. The best upgrade you can do to improve loading times is to buy a new CPU.

Either my Raceroom loads much slower, or your rF2 does, because in my experience, it's certainly far from loading "much faster" than rF2. In fact, it's often loading even longer than rF2.

That's not an excuse for rF2 loading times, just a note on the comparison.

Reactions: tpw

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea