rf2 Build 146 Released...

Yes, I have read those comments. True. But my point still stands, as in there has been no official release. There is a change made in the purchase policy, thats a fact. There is an end date, and i missed that one. Still, that has also not been communicated to those who have a year subscription.

I see this as an announcement that the beta is in its ending period. Those who bought a year subscription prior to the post of Tim, still get their half year for free (as originally intended for beta period).

It seems as if ISI just realized they have pretty much messed up the last year. They did some good things, don't get me wrong, but they have messed up a lot as well. All in all, I think most are disapointed looking back. So, they have, as tim said, tried something new. Read closely, he does not say its out of beta, he just calls it rf2.

The game is not finished. Several features are not there, which would be in a commercial for instance. Drivers swaps are elementary for rf2, as that was 1 of their major hits with rf1. Just an example.
Flaws are always in a game. Bugs which are present for a long time, can stay for a long time. If they are not that big issue, and have a workaround, people are easily tempted to do those items last. But still, I can't imagine ANY company would "officially release" a new game, with the known bug list that rf2 at the moment has.

Ehhh That depends a bit on where you are now, which build.
I have seen that 2 builds at once has worked. I have not tried to do it with a less updated version.

You can try it. Download it via the update function in the launcher itself.

If it doesn't work, backup your userfolder, and download the main installer for the latest build. Make a fresh instal, and copy your userfolder back, so you do not loose any settings.
If you do the new install in a different folder, while leaving your original install in place, you do not have to reactivate the license. Uninstall the outdated version once all is working again, and you are back in buisness.

Yes, I have read those comments. True. But my point still stands, as in there has been no official release. There is a change made in the purchase policy, thats a fact. There is an end date, and i missed that one. Still, that has also not been communicated to those who have a year subscription.

I see this as an announcement that the beta is in its ending period. Those who bought a year subscription prior to the post of Tim, still get their half year for free (as originally intended for beta period).

It seems as if ISI just realized they have pretty much messed up the last year. They did some good things, don't get me wrong, but they have messed up a lot as well. All in all, I think most are disapointed looking back. So, they have, as tim said, tried something new. Read closely, he does not say its out of beta, he just calls it rf2.

The game is not finished. Several features are not there, which would be in a commercial for instance. Drivers swaps are elementary for rf2, as that was 1 of their major hits with rf1. Just an example.
Flaws are always in a game. Bugs which are present for a long time, can stay for a long time. If they are not that big issue, and have a workaround, people are easily tempted to do those items last. But still, I can't imagine ANY company would "officially release" a new game, with the known bug list that rf2 at the moment has.

More info on the subject from ISI FB page
rFactor2 FB comment 1
rF2 will not have a final version until we STOP WORKING ON IT. It's an ongoing development and will be for every day of it's existence. "Finished" isn't in the vocabulary. Buy now, or wait until you're ready, only you are stopping you purchasing any time you want to...

rFactor2 FB comment 2
Ray, you have iRacing in your cover image? What do they do? Are they beta? Were they beta before the last update they did, last year, or in 2008 when they just said they were. I see little difference, except in understanding.

rFactor2 FB comment 3
and we dropped the "beta" internally many months back, and publicly a couple of months back. It's now just an ongoing development, like most MMOs, like iRacing is, for another example. Except obviously for years of updates from us you can just pay us once, and all our content is free.

There will also be a free demo fairly soon. Which should help a bit with the unknown state of the software for some.

We wont see a "gold" release, just updates with features, fix content added as they develop them over the next few years.
There will also be a free demo fairly soon.
I guess this will make it more official

Nice to see the upcoming change to mod manager and they are working on Silverstone....
awesome :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back