Review: Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2

Header.jpg

The Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 has been around for a while now and has so far proven itself as one of the more popular wheel & pedal mounting solutions so we thought it deserves a closer look.

After buying a wheel and pedal set, often, the first decision we have to make is where to mount everything. Most of us find a desk edge to mount the wheel to and throw the pedals underneath. It doesn't take long however to want to move to the couch where most of us have bigger screens and perhaps a console hooked up. Let's face it, given the chance we would all prefer to enjoy our racing games and sims from a full size racing cockpit! For many of us, however, this just isn't a possibility; racing cockpits or rigs are not only expensive but take up a large amount of space in your home. Aside from using your office desk in front of a PC monitor a wheel stand is the solution. We tested a Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition to see how well it worked.

Assembly & installation

The wheel stand only took a few days to arrive here in the UK and was well packaged protecting the contents; a printed sleeved box with carry handle - unexpected with this type of product I thought. All contents were well packaged, all screws and fixings in a separate box along with glossy set-up instructions. The instructions covered all popular racing wheels such as Logitech, Fanatec & Thrustmaster wheels with links (via QR code) to Wheel Stand Pro's YouTube channel demonstrating each step in case you were unsure exactly how to put it all together. The Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 we had was specifically for the TX, however judging by the amount of pre-drilled holes and spare hardware, it seems it's a one size fits most so great if you were planning on changing wheels down the line. All necessary tools were also included to install the wheel and pedals with. First impressions regarding build quality were very good; the stand is quite heavier than you might expect - constructed with high quality thick steel tubing, powder-coated black in parts with rubber sleeves to serve as feet.

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

Installing the wheel was really easy, just a few screws and bolts and the wheel was secured to the wheel deck, really solid! The shifter bracket is bolted to the wheel deck also making it very secure and sturdy. Next the shifter was installed, the bracket had pre-drilled holes allowing me to hard mount the shifter. Mounting the pedals was a little more fiddly, but still quite straight forward. Once the pedals were in place, they are secured by two metal bars, essentially pinning the pedals to the frame. Once installed the pedals weren't going anywhere, I couldn't move them no matter how hard I tried! After some quick cable management the installation was complete.

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Setup & versatility

Obviously with this solution, you’ll need to find something to use as your seat; I used an IKEA recliner chair as it was cheap and has a fairly low and laid back seating position so emulating a racing position as best I could. You could just as well use an office chair or couch, which would do the job just as well.

The wheel stand can be adjusted in every which way to suit your preferred position, this is definitely one of the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 better features as it really gives you the opportunity to have the wheel exactly how you want it. The only thing that can’t be adjusted is the pedal angle. There are handy quick release handles, like what you would find on a bicycle wheel to adjust the neck, which raises and lowers the overall wheel height, and another at the base of the neck which adjusts the neck angle, bringing the wheel closer or moving it further away. This allows you to lower the wheel all the way down to the pedals, allowing the whole stand to be stored or transported easily. I found myself lowering the wheel when sitting down to play or getting up when finished; a really convenient feature. The wheel deck can also be adjusted via a bolt and nut underneath at the top of the stand neck, this adjusts the angle of the wheel, a feature that even some high-end cockpits lack.

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

Performance

After a few minutes adjusting the stand to suit my driving position I was ready to test. Looking at the stand, the first thing I thought would be a hindrance is the central upright tube, I imagined I would be forever banging my knees on it, however to my surprise after days of use I didn't notice it once! The wheel felt solid in my hands with very little movement. If I got a little rough with the wheel, when trying to save a spin for example, the wheel stand did start to wobble a little, but this is to be expected, considering the size of the stands footprint.

I expected the stand to move around slightly after a few heavy stomps on the brake pedal, but again I was pleasantly surprised to find it hadn't moved an inch. Due to the hefty steel tubing, the base of the wheel stand is quite heavy helping it remain in place, I tested he stand on a hard laminate floor and on carpet.

The gear shift bracket also works well, considering it’s attached to the wheel deck, it doesn't move around too much and is at a good height to use effectively.

I also mounted a set of Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals to test the 3 pedal configuration as I was concerned the stand may rock from side to side when heel-toeing. Again, the stand impressed and stayed firm throughout!

Pricing & Conclusions

The Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 is available online and currently retails at the following prices:

EUR €125
UK £99
US/CAN $179

With these prices in mind, the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 is great value for money and an all-round quality piece of kit. I can’t see many other wheel stand solutions beating the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 for versatility and performance. Added to that the convenience of being able to fold it up and store it out of the way just makes it even better.

If you’re looking for a simple and effective solution to mounting your wheel and pedals and wish to move your racing away from your desk and on to your couch, this stand is a no brainer!

Is this the same thing as Fanatec offered on their store as 'RennSport Wheel Stand v2' ?
It looks exactly the same.

I have used the v1 for a few years now and the only thing I find a tad bit annoying is the main screw of the center post Connection to the bottom plate loosens often, giving a small amount of play on the vertical post where the wheel is mounted on.
If they fixed that with V2, then its a great piece of kit for a reasonable price!

Its not the same as the RennSport. I've read from people that owned both that the WSP is built better and more sturdy. Not sure what changed on the WSP v2 but I've never had any of the clamps loosen on mine.

Upvote 0
i have gt omega office racing chair but i upgraded castor wheels to lockable one to stop me moving about under heavy braking before that i chair i had standard office chair and used sofa coasters and once weight was applied it took some force to move chair under braking.

Upvote 0
i have gt omega office racing chair but i upgraded castor wheels to lockable one to stop me moving about under heavy braking before that i chair i had standard office chair and used sofa coasters and once weight was applied it took some force to move chair under braking.

I upgraded my casters with these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CKK2HRM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Chair no longer slides around but does move freely when I want it to. It also makes the chair sit a little lower.

Back on topic: I have a WSP deluxe v2 for my Fanatec and my Thrustmaster TX. I have nothing but good things to say about it. My Fanatec pedals mount underneath (i don't use Thrustmasters) so no metal strip across the top to secure it.

I don't notice the centre pole at all, and it's handy for wrapping cables around. One word of advice is to lubricate the locking mechanism on the base once in a while as it can become very stiff.

Upvote 0
I love my WSP; it's been solid as a rock encased in lead and steel since the day I bought it. If I ever find an unwanted guest in my house, the WSP will be used as an theft deterrent :cool:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the review. Looking into getting this. But will the same stand (and it's included brackets) work for a G27 wheel and Fanatec Elite pedals?

Hi @Lazarou, where'd you get those rubber pads for the Elite pedals?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have any questions about package contents, just email the WSP guys directly. They answer very quickly and you can be sure of the correct answer (since packages change as they tweak their offerings).

I have a Fanatec first gen Rennsport wheelstand, but because it couldn't easily mount T500 and TH8A I decided to also buy a WSPV2 deluxe for my console "rig". I definitely prefer the WSP. I would say they are similarly stable, but the Fanatec screw locking mechanism is less effective than the WSP clamps, and the central upright is wider so it does intrude slightly more than the WSP.

Now Fanatec has improved their wheelstand (now called CSL) and these days it allows hard mounting Thrustmaster wheels (which the first gen one didn't), but looking at the visual changes I would probably recommend the WSP.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Skazz. I actually did already email them the other day but haven't gotten any response yet until now, which is why I've been searching for this info, and posted here. Had to do this as time's quite tight, as my brother's leaving to visit our country next week while I still have to order the appropriate item(s). Would you know if that's that the only contact email they have: order@wheelstandpro.com? Just want to get their assurance of what to get, and any mounting brackets, if ever, for both the G27 wheel and Fanatec Elite pedals to work mounted.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Skazz. I actually did already email them the other day but haven't gotten any response yet until now, which is why I've been searching for this info, and posted here. Had to do this as time's quite tight, as my brother's leaving to visit our country next week while I still have to order the appropriate item(s). Would you know if that's that the only contact email they have: order@wheelstandpro.com? Just want to get their assurance of what to get, and any mounting brackets, if ever, for both the G27 wheel and Fanatec Elite pedals to work mounted.
I have the DFGT version and the Eiltes fit on there perfectly, I have a cam buckle strap and some tie wraps to hold them in place but you really don't need to do this. I built a S shaped plate out of MDF to go in between the wheel and the stand so I could mount my DSD button box and shifter on it.
0QSArTD.jpg

swYO98H.jpg

Upvote 0
I have the DFGT version and the Eiltes fit on there perfectly, I have a cam buckle strap and some tie wraps to hold them in place but you really don't need to do this. I built a S shaped plate out of MDF to go in between the wheel and the stand so I could mount my DSD button box and shifter on it.
Cool. Why do you say 'you really don't need to do this', what will hold the Elites down onto the WSP legs if I don't put straps or fasteners?

OTOH, they finally replied few minutes ago and suggested I get their WSP Porsche GT2 version, w/c allows mounting of a G27 wheel and G27 pedal or Elite pedals. I'm still verifying though if they will include the different fasteners for both types of pedals.

Upvote 0
Cool. Why do you say 'you really don't need to do this', what will hold the Elites down onto the WSP legs if I don't put straps or fasteners?

OTOH, they finally replied few minutes ago and suggested I get their WSP Porsche GT2 version, w/c allows mounting of a G27 wheel and G27 pedal or Elite pedals. I'm still verifying though if they will include the different fasteners for both types of pedals.
The pedals are that solid and the way the stand is designed that them working loose is pretty impossible anyway. I just did it for piece of mind.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the dimensions of the wheel stand pro v2? I'm mainly interested in knowing its dimensions when its folded as I have limited storage space and need to know if it will fit.

I have a T500 and am looking to get one of these but I need to know the dimensions of the stand when folded with any wheel will give me a good indication of its size.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
A friend of mine recommended the the wsp.

Before placing my order though, I was hoping that someone might be able to explain the differences - besides color - between the WSP V2 and V2 deluxe. I've tried reaching out tonthe mfg but haven't gotten any reply yet.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
-g

Upvote 0
I was also inquiring from them last month. I had many questions for the most appropriate model to work w/ G27/Elite pedals and T300 wheel, and they replied with detail information. Send an email to wheelstandpro@yahoo.com with your detail questions, and for sure they'll give you a good recommendation.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back