• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Review Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Travis, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Travis

Travis

Ratings:
    +263
    Here is the first of likely many reviews in the coming days.

mod-edit: Project CARS 2 videos go into the PCARS 2 RaceTube folder here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/albums/project-cars-2.76/

Note the reviewer had code for the PS4, PS4 Pro and PC. The console versions worked and were filmed for the review with the PC version not working.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    It's hard to tell if some of the issues are console-specific, like the erratic AI (limited computing) and terrible-looking flickering shadows again (GPU limitations?).

3. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    None for PC, yet?

4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
  5. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Yeah,figured it, though hoping for one from others other than IGN. Will wait.

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cpt_gandy

cpt_gandy
    Slower Than Time Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    Some of the streamers have got the review release and Gamer Muscle was streaming today so you could watch his stream that he did.. He raced with loose car setups so they do slide about alot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Si

Si
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,065
    just watched the review on IGN, it scored 9.2 and they loved it!

kinda worries me that they liked it so much and the reviewer in my opinion didnt really know what he was on about.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    Just keep in mind that these reviewers don't have the D1P. While most of the reviews are good, more good things are on the way.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    ACG said it has it.

11. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    He didn't bother with the FFB settings much, but the Lambo ST was terrible, the Ferrari was pretty good apparently.

12. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    I somewhat doubt it, however, I have no way to prove or disprove what they have (same as them proving they do have the D1P)...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    Of course, and it was probably the day zero patch. It's not day one yet.

14. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Well, yeah, just have to wait and test personally. Only hoping driving/feel is much^10 better than (not like) PC1.

15. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    Actually, I watched the review and he was reviewing the console versions so he likely does have the D1P. Never saw some of those issues on the PC version (like the shadows).

16. Travis

Travis

Ratings:
    +263
    PRC have posted a review for those who care :)

17. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    And I went to read his old article about the Cobra, the Ford Fusion and the Indycar for PC1 and I agree with everything he had to say.

The Mustang Trans-AM and the V8SC were the only cars worth driving, but it looks like this has changed. More toy cars to pretend race on more drone-scanned circuits. Pick your combination and race settings carefully, I guess, which is expected in a clusterfudge pick'n mix affair like Project CARS 2.

Functional multiclass, wooo.

18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,048
    But that's the same as SMS posting a review of their own game. Take it with a pinch of salt and wait for a decent unbiased review here.

19. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    It's less biased than the others I've read/seen, as expected, and doesn't come from a position of deep ignorance of the subject matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1