Review: Fanantec CSW Universal Hub

Amazing review, as always. Great quality video, excellent audio and the two most important bits for any simmer, a critical (not buy.com style) view of the actual product and an almost obsessive attention to detail (in a positive way) which is what everyone looking at this kind of product really needs to help make their decision. Brilliant stuff. Cheers.

I think its pretty clear to anyone that whoever acquires Fanatec's base materials for their CSW range deserves a medal as their industrial design is amazing. Conversely whoever is in control of the actual electronics design needs to be reevaluated.

Using pin style connectors on an exposed circuit board is frankly idiotic. All Fanatec needed to do regards the exposed board was to install an internal plate covering the board with cutouts for the connectors. There is a tonne of room inside the main casing to attach that plate. At least its likely to be a one off concern for many. Still its those little flaws they just can't seem to comprehend in their design process. A shame as its 95% there in terms of design.

The Hub is a boon for so many and fair play to Fanatec for releasing it. Once I win the lotto I'm buying 10.

I am hoping, possibly beyond hope, that the reason the CSW base is out of stock till October is there is a new one on the way hopefully with better FFB. A boy can dream. Thanks again Barry.

Upvote 0
I bought this now due its discounted price. XOne version of course would have been nice too but 349€ is too much. I would like to know if anyone know how un.hub's buttons are related to BMW or F1-wheel's buttons?

So it would be easier to know which button is which, when I already know how I have buttons in sims with BMW and F1 rims.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back