• Deleted member 387850

I like black F1's

I was reading this and about to do the exact same thing! Although my choice was going to be the 98T :)

5789.jpg

Funny thing is I never liked when "Lotus F1" ran with the black/gold livery from '12-'15, but I think the black/yellow looks exceptional. Thumbs up from me! They've a great driver line up so it would be good to see the car more competitive this year, and hopefully Renault have a good power unit for all their customers!

Agree with Mitja. Too much black. Why do these people use black? we as spectators cannot see the darn things.
I agree that they use black on the barge booards or lower edges to hide detail but not on the actual car ffs. Well Renault is the worst so far. But, love the Sauber
...because they think the fans think it's cool...

People do get sick of it when they see too much of it; (going little bit off subject) look at bicycles, until around 2008, most of them were either team reps or some plain colour with the odd fugly stripes, now so many of them have to have this "stealth look" (plain matt black) to get men to part over $4k to emulate their TdF heroes and it's like these people (buyers and designers) watch too many Chris Nolan films. It gets so tiring when you see so many overweight 40-plus-year-old MAMILs in them.

Clearly we will see much more of the "Yellow" from most TV cams.
As will those looking down on the cars at a track.

Personally, I think it has to be one of the best looking "Renault" cars in a decade at least.
So maybe this design just will have split opinions...

Lets wait until we see it on-track.

I was reading this and about to do the exact same thing! Although my choice was going to be the 98T :)

5789.jpg

Funny thing is I never liked when "Lotus F1" ran with the black/gold livery from '12-'15, but I think the black/yellow looks exceptional. Thumbs up from me! They've a great driver line up so it would be good to see the car more competitive this year, and hopefully Renault have a good power unit for all their customers!

I agree. It just didn't feel right, the gold colour was not "gold" enough, so to speak. And the red Total logo on the wings clashed horribly with the rest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back