"What has changed? The main difference is we have a slightly longer wheelbase compared to last year."

Yes, because that worked so well for Mercedes at Monaco last season, right?
Apart Monaco, Hungaroring and Singapore (where Ferrari made the greatest gift they could) the longer wheelbase has contributed to give better aero efficiency under the chassis, allowing the silver arrows to achieve stability at high speeds with less wings incidence, that means a lot less drag.
Are you saying the Ferrari has a more pronounced rake?
Yes sir.
Both has rake, but Mercedes one was almost negligible compared to Ferrari and Red Bull.
In high speed sections though the Merc is easily flat on the ground while who run high raked needs to squat the rear tuning a softer rear heave spring.
Both the longer wheelbase base and the low rake were very distinctive aspects of Mercedes.

• Deleted member 6919

Ah isn't that sweet they have put a little picket fence round the top of the Halo..

Not too bad, however I was always a fan of the deep metallic red that they ran in 2007, that looked amazing. Not a traditional Ferrari red admittedly but it made the car look very special.

felipe-massa-ferrari-spa-f1-2007-1600x1200-1024x768.jpg

Btw the McLaren livery is fantastic!

Yeah it's certainly something different. Back to their roots so to speak.

I'm not sure about the blue though. It's marginal but orange and blue clashes in my view, probably down to sponsor association maybe?

Shame to see the car looking so "blank" again this year. Hope they find a title sponsor soon.

MCL33_Website3-1000x600-1-678x381.jpg

EDIT: Ok I see what they've done now, but the blue is much more sparse on the Indycar.

LaBounty_Indy_0517_03660.jpg

• Deleted member 6919

I quite like the blue and orange combo, if they can prove themselves more this year I'm sure they will get a sponsor, but I do believe this could be a make or break season for them.

Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren... they are all have quite boring liveries this year.
Shame they are the last to present, I was expecting more.
Ok Force India still. I hope they will not fail too.
Yeah, McLaren.... really ? BLUE on that orange ? Why on Earth.
Black would be so much better. Or white. Or red. Or just about any other. :D

Because Blue and Orange is their classic color combination they've ran for many years at Indy, Can-Am, and in '71 the F1 too.
Other liveries were heavily dicatated by sponsors, this one is their "factory" one through all those years.

1972-CAR-12.jpg
1200px-1971_Peter_Gethin%2C_McLaren.jpg
m15z-vi.jpg
mo13_r148_01_99.jpg
KeyCars_007.jpg

Last edited:
Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren... they are all have quite boring liveries this year.
Shame they are the last to present, I was expecting more.
Ok Force India still. I hope they will not fail too.
Yeah, McLaren.... really ? BLUE on that orange ? Why on Earth.
Black would be so much better. Or white. Or red. Or just about any other. :D

I assume it comes from the history of the team, but on the car below the blue is a very dark blue, and it is minimal in it's presence. Not 100% sure about the 2018 scheme yet but we'll see what it looks like "on screen".

EDIT: :ninja::)

maxresdefault.jpg

It's ugly. In my honest opinin. Can I have one please ?
If blue was darker... then... dunno... maybe.

But ok this is a 2018 Ferrari topic.
Not impressed too. :-l
:geek:

I agree, that very shade of blue that is on 2018 car doesn't work so much. The shades of blue on older cars actually weren't that dark, if you look at real survivors and diecasts they are actually the sky-blue colour. It's the old lenses and film that made them look darker, because of low intensity of blue color compared with orange (they're almost on the opposite ends of the visible spectrum).

Last edited:
The real Ferrari's are RED.
i really don't know from where all those" white colors " fans come from. (Do not look my avatar please)

Back to the topic:
She will be faster than the wind.
The merco boys will fall from a mountain.
and Vettel will be World Champion.

Forza Ferrari, Avanti Sebastian.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back